[Suggestion] Start doing EMC referral contest again

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Vortixin, Jan 16, 2023.

?

Referral contest

Yes it’s a great idea 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No it’s a it’s a awesome idea 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Maybe it’s it’s the best idea 1 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. I know what you mean a lot of my friends don’t stick but a few have so it makes it work th trying
    farmerguyson likes this.
  2. Really? People tend to either be surprised (if they're active on the forum) or have no reaction at all (if they're not active on the forum) when they see me in Minecraft. :p
  3. The thing is I remember you from in game so I didn’t realize you stopped playing in mc
  4. Ok, say you refer a new player. They come on, do the epically terrible tutorial that teaches them their res has dirt, and then come into an smp. Chat is empty as everyone is afk or doing their own thing.

They ask what to do, and only 1 or 2 shops has space to buy items, which someone may or may not tell them about. All around them in every town are old plots/residences that are long since abandoned. After milling around for a few minutes exploring, they leave to go somewhere else more exciting.

It's a cycle you see dozens of times without realizing it. There's not much of a reason for a new player to play on 2023 EMC--because what's the point of playing on an economy server with a dead economy
    Atels and Tuqueque like this.
  5. Yeah, I think staff team is aware of your sentiment
    ie: https://empireminecraft.com/threads...-the-economy-thread.86188/page-2#post-1614004

And spending resources marketing, when the likelyhood of staying is small, not worth the effort in doing an event like this right now until certain aspects of the server are touched on. Since if you wait a few months, when server prospect is better, ie: after Empires update, server *might* think to start promoting then, but otherwise, those first impressions of doing a referral contest right now are only going to hurt the server rather than help
  6. Thank you I know I’m awesome( lol I edited his quote)
    I agree this contest should start along with another update like empires but also the I hat to say this but the current tutorial give of the vibes of a surprise test after a small study session. I miss the old tutorial where we learned about rules and such but it also kept our attention by introducing us to the marlix and momentus. The current one is just a lot of reading. I know rules are important but we are a mc server and we are expecting player to read and answer our question before we even give them a sneak peak? That makes now sense again going with the test analogy why would I take a test for a class on the first day when I don’t even have a syllabus or know what the class is about?
    So yes a new tutorial will be needed which would probably happen after empires so include that info and hopefully they bring back more server related info to it instead of a small server holographic questions and a test. Also back when they did this it was held monthly so it could be done like that again.