[Suggestion] Rupee sinks. (discuss and add)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by jkjkjk182, Jan 15, 2015.

?

Do we need more rupee sinks?

Yes. 35 vote(s) 83.3%
No. 7 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. well, to be more specific, it can be a bad thing on poor players if its done in the wrong ways.

same concept of raising the sales tax. doesnt really impact the rich, but hurts the poor drastically.
    Sure it removes money from the economy, but from the people who need it more.

We have to make sure new sinks are targetted at more luxury items and not every day necessities.
  2. I'm still pretty new, so my apologies if I say something that has been done in the past.

Luxury pets - Similar to the zombie/skellie horses but for dogs and cats. The possibilities there are endless.

Amusement park - It certainly has worked for Disney. It would also have to be far larger than a regular res. Admission fee, popcorn (renamed gold nugget), cotton candy (renamed pink wool), etc could all be priced for everyone. Renting it out for your 1000 day party for 2 hours? A whole lot more expensive.

Rent Momentus or Marlix for your party. Not sure how hard it would be to have them appear in town and cause no harm/damage. Hit Momentus on the nose and he sings a MC song, or something silly along those lines.

Special statues/objects for paths. Want the dragon statue at the path corner? Extra 15k charge.
    boozle628 and AlexChance like this.
  3. I like the way you think about this and I guess it would work unless if it would be too much work to implement and/or maintain.
    AnonReturns and khixan like this.
  4. I really like all these ideas for rupee sinks. With all the rupees being added to empire (voting, new players, etc.) that contribute to inflation, we really need a way to get rid of some to keep value close to what it is now. EMC needs some more fun features (because Aikar isn't busy enough already :p)
    JohnKid and Johnsface101 like this.
  5. I think a good one would be a staff service that let you change the dirt walls around your plot to a single block of your choice. Like the walls you can't alter are all made of dirt. I might decide to change them to purple wool, or solid stone. I pay a staff member x amount of rupees. They world edit the blocks to what you want them to be.
    jkjkjk182 and khixan like this.
  6. If the player had to supply the blocks, I would be for this too. You cn edit the roads for 10k(?) each, so maybe make this a 25-30k deal.
    607 likes this.
  7. I don't think the players would need to provide the blocks. They wouldn't be able to collect them back, so it wouldn't be bringing blocks into the game. It would just be changing the dirt that is already there to something else. I think that is kind of like saying we should have to provide the dirt around the res.
  8. staff will already do this(I've had it done three times now), they charge it as a road edit( as it is just the space that the road is on)... they did have me supply the blocks... but for a nice custom look, thats not too shabby =)
  9. When you change the roads around your res, you must provide the blocks. EMC town is meant to be legitimate as possible (server and Sr Staff+ res's aside), and if they were to not require legitimate materials, it would go against what we stand for. Plus I would not find it acceptable to have someone pay 30k and get a diamond block lined res lol.
    If it were cheaper just to do your personal res walls, it might attract more buyers?
    607 and Johnsface101 like this.
  10. Either way it wouldn't really make a difference. Although I feel like If you pay for it and then provide the blocks you are paying for it twice. Just seems odd to me. I would rather see them limit it to not include more valuable blocks like diamond blocks, anyhow. IE: You can use stone, cobble, wools, sandstones.. that type of block. You can't use Iron blocks, gold blocks, diamond blocks, ect.

But like I said. It wouldn't matter. It wouldn't take that many blocks anyhow. Just a tad over 4 chests. Which is easy anyhow in any type of block that is considered common. So meh. Either way I think it is a good idea.
  11. Paying for it and providing blocks is what happens today with road edits, your paying for the Senior Staff time to do something for you.

If we made it free + Materials provided, SS wouldn't have any time to do anything.
    And if we did as you suggest, it would be a debate on which blocks should be allowed.

Excluding stuff like Iron/Gold/Diamond could really screw with someones desired build style.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  12. I like the idea of pets as a rupee sink. However it should be a subscription that is automatically taken from your rupee balance rather than a 1 time fee. And once you don't have enough, your pet just vanishes, but stay in the memory until you can pay for another subscription.
    Pab10S, AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  13. I would think a monthly tier based system would work out nicely. Make something like a zombie 10-15k per month, and then something like a super charged creeper or maybe a custom mob 150k per month to give the deep pockets something to empty into.
    Pab10S, 607 and SkareCboi like this.
  14. I want a squid pet that looks like its crawling to find water.
    AnonReturns likes this.
  15. Pet Giant in town :D
    JohnKid and khixan like this.
  16. I think this is brilliant! Would make some parties way more interesting :p
    JohnKid likes this.
  17. It would be fun to have a guardian as a pet. Also, would you be able to have multiple pets? For instance, if you wanted a cave spider, a guardian, and a zombie all at once, would you be able to do that?
    SkareCboi likes this.
  18. Oh! I didn't know you could do this! Once I get a 2nd res, I will probably want to change the roads aroung it to match the theme. :)
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. You could possibly charge rupees to visit the/a token shop when the full thing is released, possibly per visit. If here is a location for it and it is not just a bunch of commands that is. I would see paying like 300k or so for an extra plot (max of six) as reasonable.
    I think you could add another senior staff service that clears everything above ground (not dirt). One last suggestion is that you could raise the price of mail and possibly allow access in the waste/wild for a large fee, based on per-use.
    AnonReturns likes this.
  20. I flew many times in Utopia, and I am not an official supporter. I just can't get a residence on Utopia for the same reason. But I can still fly, last time I checked.