[Suggestion] Res TP Number Changing

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Bro_im_infinite, Jul 21, 2017.

1. I suggest you should make it so someone would be able to change the TP number to make certain people's creations to be reached on their main res or something like that

Example /v Bro_im_infinite 2

would be changed to

/v Bro_im_infinite 1
  2. This is a senior staff service currently because there is not an automation for it.

Edit: For reference
    Residence Order Change(top)

10,000r

You may have your shop on Residence "home," and your house on Residence "home-2." You want to make your house be "home" and your shop be "home-2." The Senior Staff can do this for you.
    Limitations(top)

• Unless being used to set a first residence location due to a derelict loss, the amount of Residencesclaimed must be less than or equal to your max residence limit. Use /res in-game to look at your max residence limit.
    • This only applies to Residences owned by the same account.
    • Residence permissions (Flags), locations and tags will not transfer, and will be set to default.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. That is my suggestion to automate it
  4. Ah, after that clarification, i believe it's in the works, but with the current process, it's not going to be all too easy.

Currently it takes a manual SS doing it because this is how we change 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 (there can never be two residences with the same name)

Rename 1 to 5
    Rename 2 to 1
    Rename 5 to 2
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  5. It seems fairly simple to have some automated way of doing it.
    SkareCboi and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  6. As I said, I believe it's in the works, but they have to make sure the system calculates things like available residences, and sends a warning about the flags, etc resetting, as our current SS service limitations lay out.

Didn't say it wasn't going to happen.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  7. As Krysyy mentioned, this is something we would like to do. the logic isn't horrible to implement either. But the issue we ran into is that if a single cross-server communication fails for whatever reason, we wouldn't have a way to recover the renaming process.
    Overall, it not a time intensive task for senior staff to complete. So this is in the eventually category, but not an update we have plans to prioritize in the near future.