[Suggestion] Res tag requirements?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BraxtonPH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. One thing I think we could do is look into "Voting" on tags, so /res tag vote mall

would vote for that users tag, then when /v +mall, more votes = higher shot at being the target.
  2. That's kind of a bad idea also...

That puts what people can have what flags in the hands of gangs. :) a bunch of people get together and bully others.

Of course that would never happen on EMC, because it's an awesome place... but you know.. why encourage it?
    BraxtonPH likes this.
  3. But if a player is less known or not as popular as someone else - not as many or no one at all would really want to vote for them - even if he/she has better deals ...

So if someone more popular receives more votes on their tags wouldn't this in turn make them even more popular -and the already less popular people harder to reach?
    BraxtonPH and 607 like this.
  4. Sorry, but there's no real solution here that I can see.

The tags update should never have come in. :) It's just not usable. There is no way to police. No one would want to police it, and to do so would require a set of rules, which are impossible to set.

The only way I could see this working is simply setting your own tag. Every one being unique. so once a person sets a tag, no one else can use that tag.
    To be fair, common names would need to be automatically excluded, like 'shop', 'mall', 'free', etc.

Yes, we already have two unique ways to go to a res, both res number and username will get you there. But neither of those can be custom set by the owner.
    BraxtonPH likes this.
  5. counter balance it to say "max of 3 votes, and a negative vote to reduce count" ?

So if you find a bad res, down vote it, good res upvote it, least popular still has a chance to be found since popular will be capped to 3 vote bonuses.

So long as people downvote, bogus tagged res's will be removed.
    Well out of 1500 residences, 15 mistagged is still better odds of finding a target goal than no keyword lookup at all.
    BraxtonPH likes this.
  6. OK, lets try the vote thing. It'll be better than what we have now anyway.

ATM, finding shops is much faster done by simply asking on chat. I've found more shops and faster, by asking in chats, than by going through tags. :)

Though now that the banned and unclaimed res tags are fixed, i'm sure that'll eliminate many.
    BraxtonPH and 607 like this.
  7. You know why it is faster in the chat? Because there are problems with res tags that Aikar plans to fix.
    kevdudeman and BraxtonPH like this.
  8. I think this would be a big step in the right direction.

Cheers
  9. Only Shop, shop, mall, MALL, MaLL, etc. That would be around 32 tags.
    BraxtonPH likes this.