[Suggestion] Replace Voting Sites that don't work.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ThaKloned, Nov 18, 2016.

1. I'm gonna add the ability for people to turn individual sites voting button red for themselves so that you're able to keep track of the ones that aren't working for you until they're switched for working ones. This should be available to supporters tomorrow and everyone else the day after.
    ShelLuser, 607 and Wither_Addict like this.
  2. I appreciate that, I really do. This issue is not having enough sites to vote though. Thanks for the comment :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. We don't run these sites, so when they are down we don't get a notice, nor can we do anything to fix them sadly.

If you have a site that you know of that we do not have currently, and that supports votifier, send me a pm and I'll talk to Aikar about replacing one that is down for extensive amounts of time. By extensive, I mean months. We can't take down and put up a new one on a whim.

That being said, we aren't going to add a ton of different barely known voting sites just so that alts can increase their bonuses. Our current 10 site system still works fine when some of them are not working.

EDIT: Just tested all sites listed.
    Mineservers.net - doesn't work and is marked as currently broken.
    Minecraftservers.net worked, to a point, then had an issue with the human verification. I'm pretty sure 2 + 2 = 4. I filed a support ticket with them.

Currently 8/10 still working with no issues.
  4. Hardly a whim. One has been down for seems like over a year, even has a note beside it saying so and another I lost count on how many months for that one. Beside the point though. I will see to getting a lost of possible options together.

This has nothing to do with alts at all. Not sure why that is even being brought. I mentioned I used my phone to vote for my alts with wifi off but that is irrelevant to all of this. Even if I don't vote for my alts there is still no way for me to regain that lost vote on my main account.

Currently it is possible to get 2 vote increases per 24 hours if you use all the almost all the vote sites. That's rewards for the voter and promoting for the site. When you vote and it's not being registered, that promoting the site and nothing for the voter. I understand that you can't fix that since it's not EMC. And it's not even about rewards. I like increasing my vote streak personally, diamonds/emeralds I hardly use to it's moot. We are making the effort to vote consistently and just asking for the 2 non working ones to be replaced. That's all. Nothing to do with rewards, alts or world domination. :p

Thanks for the feedback, I will get that list to you when I get a chance.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I just tested all of the sites and only one is completely down.

The other has a minor glitch in it, that i filed a support ticket for.
    DrMadFate, ThaKloned and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Hopefully that gets it working again. I just tried Minestatus.net on my daughters account and it worked this time. Hasn't worked for me at home for almost 2 months. PC or phone. But anyways like I said I will get that list and hopefully there is something that can be added.
    jossytheninja likes this.