[Suggestion] Replace Voting Sites that don't work.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ThaKloned, Nov 18, 2016.

1. As the title says, I would love to see some of the vote site be replaced with working ones. Specifically the last 3 on the vote list.
    • MineServers.net - Notice: Currently broken
    • Minestatus.net
    • MinecraftServers.net
    I have been voting every day almost since I joined and I have been lucky enough to vote often enough to get 2 vote increases per day for awhile now. However sometimes 1 of the sites fails to register my vote and it messes everything up because the 3 sites listed above, the 'back-ups', never seem to work and the result is you miss an increase. The vote site shows that it's been a successful vote but nothing appears on EMC. I've googled it and seen that there are many other sites that these 3 could be replaced with. If it would be helpful I could provide a list (via PM) with some potential replacement sites.

This benefits all voters as well as EMC. Players get vote rewards and EMC gets votes. When these sites aren't working, EMC gets no votes and less publicity. Personally I think this would be a win for everyone and would only require changing the links.

Thoughts?
    Tyron87, SkareCboi, Vortixin and 11 others like this.
  2. Agreed. One of those has been down for about a year.
  3. +1

I'm a little surprised that this issue hasn't been already addressed to be honest. Sort off. I can understand if only a few voting sites are interesting because of their size & popularity, but surely any voting site is better than one which stopped working altogether, and so for several months?

Even simply removing the broken site would help in my opinion, it could prevent further confusion.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  4. Removing with another in it's place for sure. Give's people more options in the off chance one of the normal ones doesn't work.
    Vortixin likes this.
  5. +72

Great idea :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  6. Minestatus worked for me yesterday, and I tried it again just now, and it still works. I'm pretty sure it's also been working for the last weeks, though I don't know that for certain, as I now only rarely use it (it's my backup site).

The other two don't work though, and I agree that it'd be a good idea to remove them, or better, find two or more alternatives. :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. I used that one to vote on my daughter's account. Last time it worked was, at minimum, 45 days ago. Who knows how many other days I voted not knowing it wasn't working. And that was the only account I used on that site.

And it's not like I never use the lower 3. I make sure to get the vote increase on the main ones I use, then I vote on others as a bonus.
  8. It indeed didn't work for me too a while ago, but it has been working for me recently, so could you maybe try it again?
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  9. Actually tried it this morning on her account and nothing. Even tried mine. There was no indication on the vote site that it didn't work but nothing when I /p her name.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. That is really odd, especially because it's worked for me last evening, and just 1.5 hours ago... Are you sure nothing else is maybe going wrong?
  11. Not that I can think of. My normal routine is voting on my main on my PC all but the last 3 throughout the day. Then on my phone (with wifi off) I vote for my alts. Worked like this for months with the occasional hiccup.
  12. Minecraftservers.net I just hate the maths questions... 1+3=4 then for some reason it says I get it wrong

+1 on this idea
    ThaKloned likes this.
  13. Minestatus is working for me, too :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. +3, one for each site
    ThaKloned likes this.
  15. Thanks for posting this I was thinking of posting a thread on this and kept forgetting lol. I've been having problems with the last 3 links as well :\
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  16. i like this, the 4th one down doesnt work for me!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. Thanks! I've been meaning to do something about this... This has been needed for a while now, and we should not be avoiding it. Aikar if you are reading this or Krysyy please don't avoid this anymore! Thanks, takenID (AKA The loyal servant of EMC XD :D :p )
    ThaKloned likes this.
  18. Can we get any input at all? Once again MinecraftServers.org failed to register my vote and because the bottom 3 never work I get to lose out on another increase because I can't vote.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. Bump :rolleyes:
    ShelLuser likes this.