[Suggestion] Renamin mobs with name tags protection

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Nov 19, 2016.

1. If you rename a mob with a name tag it will protect the animal from being hurt(except by you). It can only be renamed by you. (maybe friends also)

Basicly a way to claim mobs
  2. Yes, but what are the advantages?
  3. The animal won't be killed by a griefer...
  4. Hm, I'm not sure.
  5. But would you name tag each of your cows are they THAT important?
    ShelLuser and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  6. Depends if its a cow or a skeleton horse, or maybe a mushroom at a public build. Maybe your favorite chicken? So yes, they are important. and no of course not every cow, cause cow farms and other stuff are in town you silly

Also why are your cats and dogs protected? because they are your pets! what if i want a pet pig, if he dies to a griefer, i would be very sad. what about you?
  7. Makes sense. In that case, then sure it'd be nice to have this feature, the OP just didn't have too much details as to why this would be a good idea. Dunno how difficult it could be to implement.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Mametagging currently protects the mobs from desawn
    But +1 ive got a zombie farm that uses villagers to lead zombies to the kill chanber and i dont want those killed
    Gawadrolt and Tuqueque like this.
  9. +1

Maybe not important to normal mobs but ones that are placed at an XP farm for food like a mooshroom or milk from a cow.
  10. +1

Would have helped so much 2 protect wooly from that evil shelldoer ^.^
  11. +1
    I can make tyrannaoserawes
    o i cant
    still support
  12. Would this apply to hostile mobs?
  13. The hostile mobs could definitely be a problem. However the annoying group ownership already has something like that so why not? I like the idea.
  14. Month bump