[SUGGESTION] Remove SMP9 from "recommended server" on site

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I remember going on this site and seeing Smp 7 with the least players. All servers were pretty much full so I decided to start at Smp 7. I knew no one on this server and I hadn't come from a server site, but now that the servers are rarely full I would go with the one with the most people. Because of that I think the biggest servers keep growing and something should be done to counter this.

I agree that new members should get a book of rules and tips. Because really, how many times has a new person come on and immediately ask "How do you visit an open res again?" or "How do you give perms to people?"
    Heck, members who have been on for a few weeks still ask about perms and some are just to lazy or don't realize that it's all on the site.
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  2. I think there should be no recommend server, it should be up to the player.
  3. Among all ideas, I think it is good when new players come to a server with the most stable community, where people care about each other - and about new players.
    I'd say we want new playmates, but not new griefers.
    If a new player will become griefer, besides genetic predispositions ;)
    IMO, depends great deal on how he/she is accepted in the community...

But, smp6 is just fine :D
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  4. We need to publicize all servers.
  5. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/empire-guide-books-in-tutorial.13032/ I suggested it a while ago - apparently not gonna happen.
    Because you're from SMP9, right? D:
    Well I see a problem here. I remember when I first joined, I didn't know the IP for any of them so kid-you-not, I though "hmm, a server must be somewhere on the homepage" and the first place I looked was at the top, where it was. So I think we do need some sort of IP hint :)

Please stop debating which server it should point to, that's not what this discussion is about. It could say SMP3, it could be random. Right now, the suggestion is adding it back if it has been removed and what it would say. Aikar IcecreamCow, your thoughts? :)
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  6. I reckon promote Utopia :p
    nfell2009 likes this.
  7. What? SMP4 has 3 mega malls, we dont have a bad economy unless you live on that server dont start saying what they do/dont have because we are a very good server. I went to SMP1 and everything is expensive compared to SMP4 and Fellyboy shops round on lots of other servers and he said SMP4 is the cheapest
  8. Because they have the best economy ever! :rolleyes:
  9. Well the thread is now just server debates so now we're just waiting for Aikar/ICC. No point have this topic section if they're not gonna get responded too :p
  10. Smp9 is FULL
  11. Which is why this should happen :D
  12. Where even is this message? I used to be on the homepage but it got removed around SMP6. So where is it now?
  13. It's not there - but basically what I (and a few people) want is for it to randomly recommend a server at the top of the site so SMP9 isn't so full and other servers aren't so empty. The old thing must be somewhere though.
  14. Well of course, that's why I suggested it :p duh xD
    nfell2009 likes this.
  15. I guess not guys. D:
  16. SMP4 is an amazing server, but there are not many free spots
  17. There are 67 free plots. And loads of players that haven't been on in a while, so there is lots of space
  18. same on smp6 I think.
  19. Forwarded to Justin
    FireHose_Dragon and AlexChance like this.
  20. Someones post happy :) Just tying up loose ends?
    AlexChance likes this.