[SUGGESTION] Remove SMP9 from "recommended server" on site

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I originally joined smp2 but then moved after about a week to smp7 with a friend. They wanted to move there because it was new.

I don't recall why I went to smp2 originally though. It may have been pulled from whatever ad I originally saw for EMC. I vaguely recall looking at the server list and might have chosen it because it had more openings than smp1.

If I had known the servers were set up the way they were with vaulting and everything, I probably would have made a more thoughtful initial choice and stuck with it rather than moving.

What about a message when you first join or something during the tutorial explaining that the server you first join isn't necessarily the one you have to make your Town server? Something when people initially connect that allows them to make an informed decision about where they start.

I've also heard from an unbanned person that when they were unbanned, they got a book version of the Empire Commandments. I recall coming out of the tutorial and having to go right back to the Empire Guide to figure it out. We didn't have written books back then but something like that in my initial inventory would have definately helped out.

A book with a few tips like how to find and claim an open residence, /v and /res commands, could help with these initial questions and could also be used to guide people either to low population servers or to help them make their own decision based on the server list on the EMC site.
  2. smp2 has quite a few inactive members... Just around my res, there is a banned player, and a few people who have been inactive for at least 20 days. I think that since smp9 is busy right now, people will continue using it, but at the same time other servers can be filled up.
  3. If Smp3 had a better economy it would be nice. Maybe if some one wanted to build or built a mega-shop or something to get more people.
  4. SMP3 DID have an economy, then everyone left. Yeah, advertise SMP3.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. Smp5 has the least players. Other than when there is a mob arena I haven't seen the server full in well over 200 days.
  6. Same with smp2 terminator... We don't have anything like the mob arena and the biggest events it seems like are senior staff/admins getting on.
  7. where does this show cause I wanted to do this before but I cant see it so I thought justin removed it... I cant see it in source so must be a forum admin thing.
  8. I think that they should try to get new players to some of the other servers like smp6, smp3, etc. those are some of the servers that have barley any players on them.
  9. I remember seeing it when I didn't have an account or when I hadn't joined a server, something like that. It must be there because all the new players are joining SMP9 :p
  10. Pab10S likes this.
  11. Actually I think it was removed after SMP6.
  12. Why not make the server shown random, so the players are distributed throughout the servers on a roughly equal basis?
  13. Great idea actually, I think this is the best system!

So even if it's not there, it can be now just random xD
  14. yay
    guise
    look
    i had good idea
    nfell2009 likes this.
  15. Yes, but people were saying that some servers had a bad economy. If a new player goes to a server with a bad economy, or one with inactive players, they will not be bent upon staying. Therefore, you must show the new players the more active servers, which would get them interested. Then perhaps, they will move to a different server once they get use to the empire.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  16. The logic behind this actually makes quite a lot of sense :)
  17. i say we should point more to smp4, 5, and 6 because those economies are terrible, but with more people comes more mega mall and then comes better economies :D
  18. Going back onto the subject of smp9; It is like one big cup, that has been left under a running tap of new players, this cup is now full and is sending its overflow to the other servers, considering this cup is now full, I agree, we need to change the suggested . I hope my cup comparison hasn't confused you all, but from my point of view it makes sense :)
  19. theres no way smp4 needs to be "recommended"
  20. Keep SMP-9! Please!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.