[suggestion] Reduce mob AI lag instead of reducing activation distance

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JeffSnortsGravl, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Use AI Improvements which is a "simplified AI modification mod focused on performance and low-level modifications to AIs in the game": https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ai-improvements (which is updated to 1.15 already) or any other mob lag reducing mod so that mobs can have higher activation distances while still being lag friendly

Disclaimer: I'm not sponsored or anything, I'm not involved in any way with the people who made it, I've just used it before and think it would help.
  2. I dont think devs like using outside mods for the base of emc since devs have to wait for them to update and if they dont update there mod then the devs are stuck till they can either update it themselves or make a new mod which i think devs wouldn't not lile to do.

Lol this is a guess / experience from the past. Prove me wrong tho lol
    607 likes this.
  3. We cannot install Forge mods. Since we are not a forge server. We will certainly look at this server mod's source though - as that would be potentially usable. See if anything belongs in our server fork. It does look like a possibility.

Edit: To be clear. I do not believe this will solve the lag issues. But could help a little.
  4. We will work on restoring behavior more when time and performance allows, but if there is some benefits to be had here, then that can help improve the timing.

But not seeing much here really that's going to improve anything. the only thing i'm seeing so far is to replace one pieces math atan function with a supposedly faster one, and that code is not been an issue.

This mod just gives you configuration to completely remove AI rules, which isn't really our goal.

We have other better ways to restore behavior than removing certain behaviors.