[Suggestion] Rank placement

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Zudea, Aug 30, 2014.

?

What do you think?

Yes. 6 vote(s) 25.0%
No. 8 vote(s) 33.3%
I'll kill myself if this happens. 6 vote(s) 25.0%
Meh. 4 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. One of the main reasons I play on EMC is because almost every server I have tried before has super spammy prefixes like you are suggesting. It looks awful and is pretty pointless. Most people can remember the colours anyway, so why make such an "ugly" addition to help the small few who don't know their colours?
    -1 for me
    ItsMeMatheus and sambish20 like this.
  2. :O I have an idea... totally forgot about it... this way it doesn't visually show spam - but the information is there...

On hover events*

normally .hover is part of a jQuery ....

but it can also be a tellraw (using JSON in vanilla singleplayer)

/tellraw @a {text:"Yoyo ", extra: [{text:"Hover over me", color:blue, hoverEvent:{action:show_text, value:"I am a secret message"}}, {text:" Yoyo"}]}

You could have it if you hover over someone's name in chat it would say 'Diamond Supporter' ...'Gold Supporter' etcetera.... and you could have a toggle to turn off the hover event so if you're going through chat and don't want to see it pop up while hovering... you could have that option.
    NoahMarcusWhite, 607 and sambish20 like this.
  3. I can understand that, and that's the main reason we don't have a title. But some things need to be worded differently :p

4. But names already are coloured, right? I'm sorry for not understanding you :oops:
    Gadget_AD likes this.
  5. Would the contributor one really be needed? :p We don't really have anything to do in-game, its mainly just on-site stuff.
    607 likes this.
  6. *facepalm*. I forgot... XD
  7. You better be sorry, punk.
  8. But it turn outs I did actually understand him, and he was just.. well, making a mistake :rolleyes: