[Suggestion] Put loot/treasure chests on reset rotation when a player opens them

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Fred_TWK, Apr 28, 2021.

1. I refer to the chests in the waste that are generated with structures (fortresses, stringholds, bastions, villages, etc.)
    I have lost count on how many chests I found with only a feather, or dirt, or some combination of "garbage" items.
    The chests get reset regularly already, but I understand that they get reset only if they are empty.

My suggestions:
    - if a player opens any such chest, treat it as empty and put it on the reset queue
    - if this is not possible for whatever reason, treat leaving garbage in those chests on par with griefing
  2. Do they have to be completely empty to reset?
  3. Nah. I think people just need to drain and throw away those items. Not a fan of arbitrarily deleting things.
    Egeau likes this.
  4. and I'm not a fan of crossing half the wastelands to get to a fortress only to find the chests filled with dirt, it really takes away from the enjoyment of exploring.

and if the solution does not involve deleting items, at least encourage the behaviour of emptying the chests.
    Tuqueque and sonicol like this.
  5. Why not just refill the empty spaces in the chest and ignore what's already there?
  6. because minecraft's generating algorithm does not work that way, if I understood correctly.
  7. Yeah, I didn't realize that the bad loot I've been leaving in chest don't get deleted and refreshed... I thought it was automatic... So I agree with a system that encourages that behavior, as Fred Suggested
    LindenNZ, Fred_TWK and sonicol like this.
  8. I never knew that, I'd normally take some of the items but not all thinking the empty spots or whole thing would reset. Relying on player behaviour is never going to be perfect, but if more people know how the mechanics work then more of us can make sure we do the right thing.
    Fred_TWK, EfficiencyV and sonicol like this.
  9. I refer to the wiki: it does state that refilling the chest will overwrite items left in the chest. So..... why the suggestion? :confused: I am confused here.

https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/1-9-update/#self-replenishing-loot-treasure-chests
    Self-replenishing Loot/Treasure Chests(top)

Once looted, a treasure chest outside of the Town will refill itself if a different player opens the chest after an extended period of time (in order to prevent farming).

These chests cannot be broken. Additionally, refills may overwrite any existing items in the chest.
  10. So, do they overwrite or not.....?
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  11. Because my impression is that this is not the case, but if it is me, I apologise.
  12. So, does that mean a loot chest I raided months ago will never refill for me?
  13. Yes. That is what it means.
    Once per player.
    farmerguyson likes this.