[Suggestion] Purchasable barrier blocks

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ultipig, Jul 29, 2022.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

Yes 8 vote(s) 53.3%
No 7 vote(s) 46.7%
  1. Yeah, I don't think getting stuck would be an issue. You can get stuck just as easily now, and get unstuck just as easily as well, by block-glitching (might not be the right term, but it's what came to mind; you know, scaling a wall by placing blocks against it and jumping) or typing /res unstuck.
    UltiPig likes this.
  2. Hi :)

There seems to be some confusion about this suggestion.

1. These would be for Town use only (in the main post)
    2. The blocks would be able to be picked up using the eggification feature (also in the main post)
    3. You can already get stuck in Town and in the wilderness without barrier blocks (the wilderness point doesn’t apply to this, anyway)

I believe this would be a good use for tokens, and it would be useful in some town builds. :)

EDIT: I went through the thread again. It looks like I’ve already mentioned all of this… so… think of all the uses for barrier blocks. :D
    NuclearBobomb, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  3. +1

Town is really lacking in terms of features to be creative and create cool experiences.

Outside of teleport/message signs and player bought deco heads/map arts there's really nothing unique you can add to your res to give it more immersion and features than what you could achieve easily on vanilla.

It would be a whole lot cooler if town got some more features (just like how the wild is completely transformed with Survival Update mobs) and barrier blocks would be a great way to create events, minigames and decorative builds.

Town would be a whole lot better if it had stuff to give it the wow factor, new players joining mostly only see it as just another towny server with shops. Stuff like access to barrier blocks, custom armour stands, invisible item frames e.t.c would be a huge step in the right direction for story building and event creation by normal players.
    Tuqueque, UltiPig and Merek_Shadower like this.
  4. I agree with Burki's comment but I would like to see it a bit more controlled. Only that SS or whoever has access to these blocks be allowed to place or move them. How I see this working is like this,

I have a maze laid out and I want barrier block wherever you see a granite block. I pay SS for the block / service and they come and place the barrier block where I indicated.... Ok some time has passed and now I want to move them somewhere else. I would need to pay SS again for the process of removing the block and replacing where indicated.

That scenario I just typed out would give SS control of who has them, where they go and for what purpose they are used for. If it be games, deco or any other use for them - SS can make a determination if it is safe and if it is granted. This would also keep them out of the hands of players, which could be abused.

Just my 2 r but I don't see much hope. The amount of suggestions vs what actually gets implemented makes this more of a wish list than a suggestion thread lol. That said +1 on help making town a bit more creative.
    Tuqueque and UltiPig like this.