[Suggestion] Purchasable barrier blocks

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ultipig, Jul 29, 2022.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

Yes 8 vote(s) 53.3%
No 7 vote(s) 46.7%
  1. Minecraft is all about creativity! What if we could buy barrier blocks on EMC and make cool stuff with it?

Examples:
    Build barrier block parkour
    Keep mobs in place
    Make invisible access points in a build (stairs along a tall building for maintenance)
    Have invisible floors above water/lava
    Build easter eggs
    ...and more!

Barrier blocks can only be placed in Town.
    They can be picked up using the eggification feature.
    They are purchasable with tokens for 10k each -- this will create an incentive for custom mob hunting.

This can come with a new flag: barrier (it controls whether players can see barrier blocks on another residence while holding a barrier block, if this is even possible)
  2. But too many opportunities for trolling new players!

Should be available for staff only

UltiPig likes this.
  3. +1, I wouldn't bother with limiting it to staff/certain group of players. With it only being able to be placed in town and the 10k token entry barrier I find it very difficult to see generate any malicious intent or anything. However I do see it as a fitting reward for supportership or high-end voting (1k streak and such)

The addition of barrier blocks would add a new twist to which players can benefit inside their builds, I see it the same way as removing bedrock from your residence, and you can enter the void; I would very much welcome such addition.

Maybe instead of the flag, you just change the way these blocks are spawned in. Through a specific item, or just a regular wooden axe(WE), be able to right click clear glass with such item, then a confirmation windows pops up if you would like to change the block for a barrier block for 10k rupees. Getting rid of it, I see it 2 ways, it refunds you only 5k rupees, or just stores virtually somewhere that you have a free barrier block available to be used.

I am proposing this way so that the player never has access to the barrier block item(however can spawn them directly into the physical residence through an item or other method) since having the barrier block in the inventory itself can probably be buggy/exploitable down the line in events or other players' builds.

I would also suggest a way to list all the barrier blocks you have in your residence in an easy way incase you forget where you placed them through /res barrierblocks or similar
    Burki, 607, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  4. -1
    Honestly this is a recipe for disaster if players have possession of this, I really don't feel like getting trapped in unbreakable blocks. If this item is Sr. Staff/Admin only then this could have a ton of potential (Plus I'm 90% sure Krysyy or aikar can /give)
  5. I can see this being a useful senior staff service. That way, it can be audited where and for what purpose the blocks are being used.
    Senior staff already have full (effectively OP) access. Did you mean -1?
    607, UltiPig and Tuqueque like this.
  6. edited
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. If u ever get trapped in town u can allways do /res unstuck
    607, ThaKloned, Fred_TWK and 3 others like this.
  8. make emc good add barier good idea im not payed tho say dis
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  9. I appreciate all the feedback! It looks like this is getting mixed responses.

Players (new or not) can already be trolled. You can also be trapped on any residence. /res unstuck is your friend there. I don’t see this being approved, but it would be cool. :)
    ThaKloned and Tuqueque like this.
  10. barrier all of town stage frontier and waste :rofl: :lmao:
  11. Walling off with bmode spawn areas is considered griefing, and can already be done, however it is against the rules. Not that hard to trap players, or keep them out from certain places, either way this suggestion doesn't have to do with the wild or waste, just a player's own residence, in which is impossible to harm or block them from commands.

The worst thing you'll probably experience in town is if someone makes you their wife with a fish, but it isn't that bad :p know from experience ;)
    ThaKloned and UltiPig like this.
  12. which is why trusted admins should have barrier blocks
  13. I would like this but it should be only for town
    UltiPig and Tuqueque like this.
  14. Thank you for your feedback. In the original post, I stated it would be for town use only. :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. I agree this is an acceptable idea, but only if these conditions are met:
    Only in town
    Eggable or otherwise breakable.

10k tokens is too much though, maybe 1k or 500.
    300 tokens for a Blizard will take a lot of grinding for a usable amount of blocks
    UltiPig and Tuqueque like this.
  16. I thought staff used barrier blocks? StgbtL's messages seem to suggest otherwise.

I'm not a fan of this idea myself, although having read the responses so far I'm not so sure why not. Maybe it seems weird to have access to an item like that. We have spawn eggs, but barrier blocks feel more like command blocks, to me.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Admins use barriers in town for events. However players with barriers is, like i said, a recipe for disaster. imagine getting trapped in barriers (mind you they are unbreakable) and never getting out. its like getting trapped in bedrock.
    607 likes this.
  18. All blocks, in another player's residence are unbreakable.
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  19. Thats not what I meant
    I was referring to barrier blocks in general being unbreakable, regardless of any build flags
  20. if they are limmited to town
    then the command /res unstuck must be more advertised to help people who dont know thats a thing to get out should they become trapped