(SUGGESTION) new /maphide feature

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, I buy supporter for the map hide. So no.
  2. I promise that I will support as long as I play on EMC if people will not be forcibly exposed on the live map.
    So yes.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Yes. But I don't want it to interfere with real money in the slightest.

And you can donate for rupees, but that's in no way the main way of getting them.

So if people want to donate for rupees, then could just get iron for a month, which would give them /map hide and more rupees than just donating.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. That would be ideal. But we are quite in the opposite corner now.

One way or the other, if we want a good, stable in-game economy it needs to be rounded up.
    If you emit "free", unfunded rupees, you need adequate rupee sinks.

Buying perks for rupees would round up and stabilize the economy:
    - Supporter get free rupees and (some) perks
    - supporter buy (other) perks
    - non supporters work for supporters and get rupees from them
    - non supporters buy perks

The system would be stable and quite fair.
    (At the moment, it is neither stable nor fair.)
    (The best indicator for hyperinflation and related problems are empty shops and fast increase in prices.)

PS: Consider also what is happening to supporters with the deterioration of the economy.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Why don't you just donate? You've been on EMC long enough... EMC needs everyone's help.
  6. I do like the idea of being able to buy supporter perks with Empire Credits when they come out. However, the empire is still a buissness and will continue to be so these perks will have to be extremely expensive and limited. I also like the idea posted on the original thread of being to be able to buy only one more residence with a large amount of empire credits
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Daily bonus, new members and tree's
  8. Found me a wild bump yall! :p
    PenguinDJ and boozle628 like this.
  9. I disagree. The non supporters can sustain a fair role in the economy if they are smart. I mine, sell and buy. I have plenty of rupees. I used to have a lottery system (until people started to get irritated and asked me kindly to stop)
  10. I have afford 5 dollars a month im pretty sure half the people on here cant either :/
    (5 dollars buys me 20 packs of hotdogs which i pretty much live off of and ramen which is like .05 cents here)

I have had people follow me out to my location or looked for me on the map and found my stuff. Maybe if we came up with something that could hide us it would help but everyone is going to whine about non supports getting something which is usually the case. (Non supports get one tiny thing = supports crying and whining about it. Supports get one thing = Non supports whining but supports being all Like I PAYED FOR THIS!!!)
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. If this was this way, me and my brother would have probably never bought any form of supporter, which would have left the empire about 180 bucks poorer :/
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. I love the idea of paying rupees to hide on live map

It should be like 15k-30k a month to hide on live map for none sopporters
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Exactly
    stormboy231 likes this.
  14. But I want justinguy to take a look on this thread, then let him look at all the people who are very sad/mad at getting grieved

And how much grieves emc perm banners every month
  15. You make it sound like justin isn't already aware of this....
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I'm just adding on staff as to why emc should make it like 20k per month to hide on live map for none sopporters
  17. We already have plans to MODIFY the map hide feature in the future. Also, wild protection is coming as well. Both of these things will help everyone.
  18. if you willing to donate for the rupees why not say "well hell might as well support to get the perks..... instead of donating so i get rupees on top of this amazing extra perks! heyeah!"
    People need to get over the fact this is a perk for people who pay to support the community. If you want the perk donate. It's foolish to make the feature available to all for a cost of rupee's. Any one can sit there supply a store and /map hide all day if they wish.
    AmusedStew likes this.
  19. I completely agree that this idea that some people can be protected from grief while others are not is very unfair. I think "live map" is THE worst MC feature I have ever seen. It is used far more for grief than it is by people with legitimate reasons. Especially since most people use Rei's. The only use at all for it is to look around for a specific biome - which takes away from the vanilla feel of mc anyhow. In my eyes it is completely worthless, except as an incentive to force people to donate. "Donate or you get griefed."

I think people donating is important. The server can not run for free. I have done my fair share of donating, myself. I've been both a diamond and gold supporter at different times. But I think making the life of non supporters harder to force donations is a bad idea. Since there really are people out there who would donate - but just can not afford it. I know what that is like. I have had my fair share of time living on Ramen noodles. I just happen to be older now and married with a husband with a good job. (and have the ability to hold down a good job myself if it were necessary - but I am fortunate to get to play house wife for a while while I do some creative writting. This is really off topic - but I always feel bad being like - my hubby supports me - lol. There have been periods of my life where I worked upwards of 90 hours a week - often pulling 20+ hour shifts - and still lived on Ramen noodles)

Anyhoo.. TLDR: Live map is bad. Just plain bad bad bad.
  20. What. I always thought you were a very smart 15 year old (no clue why). Edit: Smart as in orator.

But anyways, i have heard that the live map is going to be changed to becoming "local", as in you can only see others X blocks around your player. But dont quote me on that...
    mba2012 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.