[suggestion] more events

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by xHaro_Der, Aug 4, 2016.

1. I suppose I shouldn't, but meh. Friday evening, etc, etc.

The problem with gaming communities and servers such as EMC (but basically every other out there) is that there will come a time where you grow tired of things. No matter what you do it all seems the same to you. Of course you have your own ideas on how to make it better, but sometimes those ideas do not match with those who run the place. So instead of any change you basically end up with a disappointment and more of the same stuff.

"Been there, done that". And also a valid excuse: "Seen that, not interested".

Sure; if the server (or community) would change then that means there's lots of new stuff for you to do and discover, which is exactly what's at stake here.

But you also got to realize that there's only so much which can be done within a community. There are limits to where we can go, and I'm not even talking about those boring (and IMO maybe a little too extensive) set of rules which are in place here. Nah, I'm talking about the community as a whole.

EMC is per definition family friendly and PG rated. Which can pose a problem for some of us who like to talk about more mature stuff. Yeah. But that's not going to change any time soon because the majority here actually likes the environment as is. Parents and kids alike appreciate the semi-safe chat & gaming. So if you really feel the need for more muddish talk-ish then yah. EMC might not be the best place for you anymore. Maybe the GTA forums will be more to your liking.

EMC is also per definition a Minecraft server. Vanilla+, sure, and Aikar seems to have his ways with changing stuff on that vanilla aspect which not everyone appreciates as much. Fair points. But in the end this is still Minecraft and we still do Minecraft related things here. We're basically limited with what Minecraft has to offer us.

So what if all that starts to bore you to no end as well?

Yah, then it might be time to realize that it may not be so much EMC which needs to change but that you have changed (or maybe even grown, matured, etc.) to such extends that EMC simply isn't for you anymore.

I respect that there are plenty of players who don't like EMC (anymore?) or who prefer the old EMC. Some of those people I actually consider good friends and I value their opinion quite highly. But as harsh as this is going to sound: there are also dozens of others players out there who DO like it here, who ARE having a great time and who still got to explore and discover that which is EMC, so what about them? Screw them because your opinion is more important because you're an old EMC veteran? Yah, well, about that: so are some of the guys and girls who run this place. So, uhm, yah, problem I think.

Just because you no longer enjoy EMC doesn't mean that the same applies to everyone else. And it also doesn't give you the right to try and spoil that experience for other players either.

This isn't about EMC becoming boring, this is about you growing tired of the game you've been playing for maybe a little too long. It's not EMC which should change, it's you who should realize that he may need a change (in games?) himself.

As always, my 2 cents here and this is also all I have to say on the matter.
  2. no urs is the exact same size a i7-6700k consumer cee pee u 4 example is the same size as ur E5-1650 V3 cee pee us. its the exact same size m8 so ur thing about being 'large" isnt troo.
    ok well tell that guy abuot the big news
    but we still get lag and it isnt cool waffles like u would think

u no how when u click a chest and it takes like 5 seconds 2 open that isnt very cool noodles
    testman12345 likes this.
  3. nonono fam u got me all wrongwaffles

i like emc still and play it sooo much like upwards of 5 times per year its so fun

its just that we shoulld have more events so that we have more to do

like u no how we sometime have things like fireflop and mobaruba and sometimes also nethersplonk and 'kill that corona" i think its called. those r fun we and shouldd be doing more of those things cuz its very very very very fun

thx & toodles!
    testman12345, Dufne and ESSELEM like this.
  4. idk but i really like shameless plugnoodles
  5. tnt run :D or cannon dule
  6. i say 2 hav less 4 sake wen so big miny colurs on screne and pvp wheat in farm arena and gang up by sugar kan grow undr feet almost loos enchant stone hoe not see when change hotbar and ask if be can mod and can hak and can sign in 100 2 much presure
    testman12345 and xHaro_Der like this.
  7. YeSSSSSssssS +3863379943Woafflezzzz!!!!!!111111'm
    testman12345 likes this.