[Suggestion] Live map on the end

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by facu12301, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Something that has to happen before someone gets banned for griefing is the griefing... While this could be as little as a few blocks, it could go up to everything, which is a risk many people, including myself as an owner of an enderman grinder, do not want.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  2. The end is more of a secret area that's why we don't have a /end or a Live Map for the end.
  3. If you use the default pack, you have to go into the .jar (i believe).
  4. Didn't think of that. lol.

Also, the argument that you can find people using the live map is a good one, but people will still find you by /p name. I have had people do that and then when I turn around they're suddenly standing right next to me. Luckily PVP is turned off or I would end up stabbing them.
    supereskimo and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. No. There is lots of hard to build grinders in it, so having a live map would let people find them easier.
    PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  6. Well i didnt think in griefing, I though that it Would be useful
  7. To greifers. Also, The End is a small island, no real need for a live map.
  8. You should Try Rei's Minimap then Facu
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  9. Aikar already said that /map hide will remove the dimension you're in soon, but emc is on valve time so "soon" might be a while. :p
  10. What is that?
  11. It's a mod for Minecraft that gives you a Minimap In-game and you can Set Waypoints, It's allowed on EMC as well so you look for the on EMC or search Stads' Modpack.
  12. ----> Rei's Minimap <----

I think idea has been suggested before but I can't seem to find the thread...
    PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  13. What exactly Does rei's minimap?
  14. I reckon there should be a live map for the end despite the fact that it is smaller than the other dimensions because it is a part of the world so it deserves a spot on the map :D
  15. Rei's Minimap is a mod that displays a minimap in the top right of your screen, it like the live map displays the terrain to you and actively updates the image as things in the world change. It also offers the ability to set way points so you'll always know which way it is back to spawn or whatever ;) Much like Zan's Minimap although honestly Rei's Minimap is better in my opinion.
  16. I installed it but I dont know how to run it. I have a folder for rei's minimap. Someone can help?
  17. All that does is tell you if the person is in the wild/nether/ or end it doesn't give you specific cords. So its actually not very helpful at all other then knowing someone is in a general place.

And if they tend to be right next to you in wild/nether/end its probably cause they saw you on live map and were able to get out to where you are. No way they could find you with /p unless you were really close to the spawn thing and they spotted you from there or had some sort of mod that allows them to know where people are or something.
  18. I agree, because, I had an Endermen farm on Smp7, with over 20k of supplies into it, and then griefed becasue some guy fuond it and then provoked it in chat. =/

and PvP in the end is a problem also, you can shoot one with an arrow and they take damage, unless Aikar fixed dat.
  19. If you installed it correctly (that being dragging everything from the file you downloaded into your minecraft.jar then deleting META-INF) it should run automatically when you open the game.
  20. I was in the end and at a grinder out from Spawn. The person spends most of his time in the Wild, he was sending me tells and a few minutes later he was there. His reasoning was "You're not on the live map in town, nether or wild so I assume you're in the end."