[Suggestion] Incomplete/Abandoned Spawn Plot Policy

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Elite, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well if they have a Perm Protection, Then they paid for it, so then that makes a bigger difference. Although If they are voting, then it will change.

How is the res still protected?
  2. Perm Protection vouchers game out almost exactly a year ago, they may have bought one.
  3. Through a permanent res voucher, I personally don't have to solution to this problem. But It's important to note that the person might never come back. What then? Is the res just going to sit there till EMC dies? I see what you are saying, the person did pay for it and deserve the res. I just believe It should've never been the case. I believe this is the closet we have come to a solution. It's not perfect I assure you, and I don't think members who havn't been on in a few months should have to fear, but when you are comming up on a year, 1/4th EMC's life. When do we draw the line?
    BailiB likes this.
  4. For me example, I have worked very hard to get the reses, and started to build, I also Bought Perm Protection from the server. If I get really busy and the res is half done for say over 2 years, I can not help it. My program is 3 years long, and I do not get any breaks. I would be very mad if i came back on and the res was deleted even after i bought the perm protection vouchers from the site. Those are ment to keep your reses for ever, and not loose a spawn res coz you are unable to get on the server.

My work loan is insane atm and it is to the point where i cant come on for up to a week and i am in second semester.

I think using College is a very good excuse to use. Use Kyzoy for example, He is in college and is so busy he is unable to get on for more than an hour every week or more, as he is focusing on college.

Or use Computrix. He was on the build team, and built builds like the grave yard, yet he cant come on as he is very busy with college.

So yes you can use this as an excuse, in more than one way...
    Patr1cV and SnowyBearr like this.
  5. When 'we' draw the line doesn't matter. It's up to the staff of the server, they sold a promise for permanent protection, which grants protection forever regardless of what's on the residence. That isn't something you can go back on. Changing a written point on sale agreement later down the road is illegal.

Also life > Minecraft. Saying college or work is a bad excuse makes you look like a tool. If people don't have the time currently to finish their residence doesn't mean they don't deserve it.
  6. You're right, EMC can't change what it's already done. Maybe this whole discussion is pointless. I'm saying I see where WCG_elite comes from.

You also can't expect EMC to wait for you because of your real life. I do understand, so I'm Not a "tool" as you say I appear. I'm saying that you can't get angry at people who like to see positive change in the server, and say well I'm too busy in real life. Because this will be harsh but I'm going to be blunt, If you're are that busy, why are you playing Minecraft. Also, if your response is because it's relaxing, fun, and It's a free country, why take it so seriously.

The world is not perfect and neither will EMC be. However the're two sides to every argument, neither side is right or wrong "most" of the time, don't go around saying people "look" like tools because I see something differently than you. I'm young, but I'm not ignorant.
  7. I wish Aikar would accidentally reset every smp all at once, completely /defaulting the resses. I wouldn't log off for a week, just to see what happened when people logged in for the first time.
  8. I wasn't saying anything about your opinion, everyone's open to having their own. But saying life is a bad excuse isn't about opinions, it's just false.
    Patr1cV and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  9. I still stand by what I said earlier about life & minecraft. I rest my case
    BailiB likes this.
  10. I am completely aware of this point, but what if there was an extreme case of EMC suddenly closing? I mean, I'd love to think that EMC would last for a very long time, but the possibility of this server closing isn't something that doesn't exist. How would I feel if I bought a Perm Protect voucher, then within a month or two the server closed? What about a year? Couldn't this be considered "going back on" the term of my sale?

No, I'm not saying that I expect the server to last forever, but a person would be buying a "permanent protection" on a server that is not permanent. Couldn't that be considered a change in the written point of the sale agreement?
    WCG_Elite likes this.
  11. -1

Some people spent $100 to protect their res and they shouldn't be scammed.
    Patr1cV and AlexChance like this.
  12. I understand the problem but I don't see any good way to resolve it. We can't fairly judge the aesthetics of a build or its completeness. I don't think we are really talking about these residences because of how they look anyway. It is more because of the artificial value that some players are placing on them. Because we are started on a new plot after we finish the tutorial and because we can teleport, I don't think that residences near spawn have much more affect than any others when considering how the server looks.

On smp7 there are four 2x2 residence plots owned by Aikar and EMC that are incomplete in my opinion. I think these are much more likely to attract attention and give the server a good or bad look primarily because of who owns them and their large size than a regular player owned plot regardless of where it is located. The build team should be put to work making them useful or pleasing to look at or they should be given to players so they can put them to a better use.

The same goes for Staff plots. If I understood what I read upthread about NurseKillJoy, Staff receives permanent derelict protection. I think that that should end once they are no longer active Staff. I understand that many of them cannot really play like a normal player when they are active, but they should lose their protection and be treated as a normal player if they no longer log in and play, because at that point they are no longer Staff anyway even if their name is still a different color.

The new derelict policy change regarding voting favors more those players who are genuinely interested in playing. I think that is a good decision by the staff and will hopefully help with this problem.
    SSRCcorp and samsimx like this.
  13. A few things I've noticed and thought I should state;
    1. Not everyone can be able to have a spawn res, there's only 80 (including Utopia) and over 300,000 players (including inactive). Everyone can wish and dream to be able to claim one, but they most likely wont and you can't evenly divide 80 spawn residences between 300,000+ people, that just can't happen.
    2. If a new players first reaction to EMC is, "Wow these guys who are normal players, just like me, can't build for nothing" then they most likely aren't for EMC. Reason being is that they're judging how a few players build, and not how our community is built.
    3. Everyone has their own pace, as this has been described multiple times before this post. If you're going to force someone to build within a certain time limit they most likely aren't going to give that finished look you really wanted. By putting pressure on a person to build a masterpiece in a week while they're still planning what to build is just insane. They not only have to think about what to build, but then how to build it, gather the materials to build it, and then build it! Not to mention, but there can be various edits, small and/or large, here and there that would still render the build "incomplete" in the eyes as others.
    4. I remember talking to Krysyy, on Mumble, once about a Permanent Derelict Voucher residence on SMP8 that has a massive Sugar Cane farm on it. I was complaining that it would sometimes lag me, and most likely other players. Given that it was on a spawn res and the guy was gone for around 200 days, I thought it was likely to give him the boot. Although to my dismay, I was told that because of his voucher that he was granted immunity. While it is annoying, it's their moneys worth and being protected rightfully so. Point being of this is that they've used their earned money to insure that they'll never be given the boot.
    5. 36/80 of the spawn holder residences are within 2 days of absence. Not to mention the extra 20, give or take, that fall under 4 days (halfway through I noticed 4 might of been a better number, but am too lazy to go and type /p 80 more times). Having around 56/80 is well over half and those who are the rare derelict holders, nothing can really be done about them besides waiting for the moment they forget =P. You can't do anything about them because they've worked hard to try and obtain these spawn residences to only find themselves in the situation of;
    A. Not knowing what to build
    B. Unable to complete, due to lack of supplies or work effort
    C. Life problems
    D. Some other tragedy
    Not to mention, that only around 24/80 spawn residences holders fall under these categories. From what I noticed a good majority looked finished, and quite nice at that, not sure what some people's definition of good is =P. There is the stray empty one here and there, although the majority of those seemed to be inactive, so keep an eye out. Just because someone has something but is inactive in your eyes doesn't mean they should have to fork it up, unless the system allows rightfully so to it.
    finch_rocks_1 and PenguinDJ like this.
  14. You also forgot to get to mention the people that are in School. SMP6 has 5-7 spawn reses where the people are in college.

:p

(I am in college, and i own 3 of them, South is in College and that's one, Computrix is in college and that's one, and not sure about cyber, and this is just smp6, so if you ask around, i bet most are in the College stages)
  15. I disagree with this for the same reason many people have stated below... 'You are allowed to play your own way'. I just want to ask you all one question... Does their res being empty or full REALLY have an effect on what you do throughout your day on EMC? Not really?

The one thing I WILL push for is that the owners of these spaen reses should only be allowed to keep the move off on their res for maybe 12 hours at a time? They should have to reset that timer everytime as that actually DOES effect you... Anyway this is just my opinion on the topic. If you feel like you want to make a suggestion or comment to this feel free.
  16. I disagree with this, as when you are building something i dont want to have to keep resetting it every time,
  17. Yes, which is why you never sell anything under the promise of permanent, unless stated permanent until terminated. Permanent until terminated is a tricky way of handling statute of limitations, where it's permanent by agreement, until otherwise stated by the seller.

The conditions would have to be agreed on prior however. Such as away for to long, server being closed, so on and so on. In this case they sold an agreement for permanent protection with no limitations. Even if the server gets closed and the cover company called "Starlis" is disposed of, they will always be open to lawsuits.

A good example of this is Bossland Ghmb LLC, who sold a permanent without condition agreement, later closed down and got sued for 20 million dollars. This was a $10 program they sold.

Anyway, this suggestion could hold true to people who don't have protection but legally hands are tied on people who do have it. But really the whole idea here of taking residences is just wrong. I get that people want spawn lots but really who cares? Move by some friends and build under a theme, that's way more entertaining then having some fancy spawn lot that you build and forget about.
  18. A strong argument could be made that in the event of the server shutting down, derelict would never run, reclaiming residences; therefore the agreement is still met.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  19. I suppose in a way. But one could counter with http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/permanent-derelict-protection
    "Grants the player permanent protection from the Derelict System, so you will never lose your Residence for being away. "

Keywords; you will never lose your residence. The server shutting down won't make it derelict sure, but you still lose it technically. Still breaches the agreement. :p
    WCG_Elite likes this.
  20. One could also refute with;
    Source
    This is basically stating that at any moment what you currently have paid for can be either revoked or changed from what you originally purchased it to be. So lets say you buy a Permanent Derelict Voucher, at any given moment the perks of this "Supportership" can be changed, and "Permanent Dereliction" now means, "Permanent while still paying for each month Dereliction"
    SnowyBearr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.