[Suggestion] Group shout

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Hi gang,

A quick one: while at the S4M event it hit me: why don't we have group shout?

For those of you not familiar with the feature: on a residence a supporter can use /resshout if they're either the owner of the residence or an admin. Everything they say will then be colored cyan in order to make them stand out from the rest.

As such my suggestion: why not a group variant? /gshout? It would allow the group leader or a specific other member to use /gshout (maybe /gs in short?) which does the exact same thing: their text will be colored cyan in order for them to stand out from the rest.

Maybe food for thought?
  2. That would be helpful

+1
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. +1 Though only for supporters
    white_trash_dna and ShelLuser like this.
  4. +1 I can see that being very useful for events and other stuff :)
  5. Should be used for leaders of groups, shouldn't be just limited to supporters
    607, ChespinLover77, khixan and 5 others like this.
  6. Would have been useful for the event today, +1 :p
    607, ShelLuser, khixan and 2 others like this.
  7. +9001, Needs to happen.
    khixan likes this.
  8. No.

+1
  9. Although I agree that it would be cooler if everyone could use it Potato does have a valid point here: the current feature (/resshout) is only usable by supporters. So from that perspective it would make sense to make this one "supporter only" as well.

Of course I also hope that it could be made general :)
    Smooshed_Potato and 607 like this.
  10. +1 this would be very helpful for players that are running events such as the one today! When you have 20+ people in a group chat talking it’s hard for players to see what’s important when 10 other conversations are going on.
  11. Somebody invite the newest devs to view this thread and may slip them a few rupees.
  12. This would have been a great thing to have today. We got a far larger turn out for the event than I was expecting, and there were several times Rhy or I were trying to convey important information, and we just couldn't outside of repeating ourselves a lot.
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  13. +1, nice idea.
    white_trash_dna and khixan like this.
  14. But if it is for everyone, the residence shout will have an extremely lesser value and everyone will just use the group feature and ignore residence shout
    607, white_trash_dna and ShelLuser like this.
  15. I had no idea residence shout even existed, and it has no value to me at all. I'm mainly a frontier player. I think a msg appears on smp8 that says "The nether hath frozen over; khixan is in town." ;) I think you have a valid point though for those who like that perk.

EMC doesn't have an "event" chat, so we all use group chat when we host events. For me, that is the main thrust of Shell's suggestion. It's difficult to guide and provide information to large groups of players during events. If the event host/s could highlight important text, that would be extreme awesome sauce. I would have used it at every event I've ever hosted.
    607, ShelLuser and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  16. I love this idea, it would be extremely useful!

As for the concern of it taking away from the /resshout perks perhaps you can make it accessible to all in the wild and waste, but in town have it limited to supporters so non supporters can't use it as an alternative. Ultimately though the decisions up to the staffers weather it's a perk of being a supporter or not.
  17. That wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think something like this should be for the leader of the group and possibly only for supporters but I don't see any harm for the feature to be for everyone.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  18. +1 no question in my mind this is a very cool and useful idea!

I do agree that is should be a supporter perk.