{Suggestion} Flint and Steel Voters Item!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, May 15, 2016.

1. why would this be needed, i mean flint and steal isnt that usefull(in the uses im aware of)
  2. I use it very often.... Like when i build something that can burn in town... I burn it down and rebuild... hehe (Evil Laugh...)

But this is also more for the fact as it is really also a tool, but not on there...
    tuqueque likes this.
  3. Hey guys I'm a fire bender now

Edit: +21
    finch_rocks_1 and FAEvortixel like this.
  4. +1 this would be a nice addition to the voters tool collection
    And it's not to op
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  5. perfect! so cheap to craft anyway, if the rod can be unbreakable why not the flint. +1
  6. I honestly have used flint and steel more than I have used a hoe. :)
    edit- +1
    tuqueque, 607 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  7. The hoe is one of those items that you typically only use once. Cause once you have created a farm, you typically don't recreate it. The only time I ever use a hoe now is if I accidentally jump/fall on farm land. :oops: And when that happens, I usually have to scramble around to find one or craft a new one.

To be honest, I do not even know where my voter's hoe is right now.
    607 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  8. Voter's DIAMOND hoe will actually be very useful when the 1.9 update comes out, since they are like the new "minecraft daggers" :eek:
  9. +1 from me

More voter's tools are the way to go
  10. Any comments staff?
  11. A belated but well meant +1. I also like your 400 suggestion (it could be a new drive for players to vote).
  12. Personally, I don't use Flint & Steel that much except to open a nether portal or start a fireplace fire. I also feel that as a voter's item this should not be placed at vote 400. To me the value of the item seems to designate it's place in the acquisition of the already available list of gear. The one place that seemed a little lackluster to me was vote 100. Don't get me wrong, I do like the certificate, but it seems similar to getting a gift for Christmas you may never really use. I mean, you are appreciative that the person got you a gift, but it doesn't really offer any practical everyday use. Yes, many display these on their shop / mall walls for all to see or maybe in a promo shop, but I think mine is still in a chest or vault slot. So, having said all of that, why not give the Flint & Steel as a 2nd gift with the certificate at vote 100?

Yes, the sword is at vote 75, and is probably really worth more, but it is part of the initial armor and then weapon to get people started. The Iron Hoe at 90 is probably just as relevant as mentioned above and would only be 10 votes prior. I do, however, feel that all the diamond tools / weapons are of much more value than the Flint & Steel, and should remain at a higher vote count. I do understand the idea of extended vote rewards, and believe that the staff have something in the works for this in the future. There was at one time mention of obtaining an additional residence through voting. I think stuff such as this or maybe double the daily rupee bonus from voting after reaching a certain level (500? 1000?) could be better incentive to help promote additional voting.

Oh yea, and as far as using this item for griefing purposes? I don't think a few iron ingots and some pieces of flint would be that hard to come by for a would be griefer if they really wanted to grief in this manner.

I suppose that is my 2 cents.

I like the idea of the item, but not so much the vote count to obtain it.
    kaptrix likes this.
  13. The reason I put high vote count is to prevent the amount of them and help stop griefers from getting them...
    Blondekid42 likes this.
  14. -1
    Like others have said, I don't see the point of this especially at such a high vote bonus.
    I don't see why griefers would go for it either. It's literally just a piece of iron and a piece of flint. I could go make a DC of them right now without having to collect materials. Someone in favor of this idea likened it to being as easy to craft as the fishing rod. I honestly hated the fishing rod as a voting item and could never understand why it was such a high vote bonus item. I know not every vote bonus item has to be useful, but this seems about as exciting as getting a renamed block of dirt for a vote bonus.
    SirTah likes this.
  15. bump,

Can any staff get in?
  16. hi