[Suggestion] Flag for hiding residence flags

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Yes?!

Yes! It is an awesome idea 2 vote(s) 28.6%
Yea.. It is a decent idea 4 vote(s) 57.1%
Nope... It is a terrible idea 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basically I want a way for a res owner to be able to hide what players have what flags. (sort of like what happens when you do /res info in /spawn

This could be done with /res set hideflags t/f/r
    -with default being false(as it is now)
    -This flag can only be set by the res owner, not res admins

This shortened /res info would still give you area Owner, address, Derelict Status, Area flags and Your flags, but it would hide "other flags"

Players with the admin flag as well as the owner would still continue to see the current setup, while other players would see the shortened version

For reference: current /res info shows:

2. As always:
    Any suggestion to add to this idea??

Constructive criticism is encouraged!

-post reserved for future
  3. /res current
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. Well yeah, but the idea is for the owner to "disable" /res info

but, this could be used as the redirect, if "hideflags" is set to true, and the player inputs /res info

Did not know this command existed! Thanks
  5. I don't see a point in this, except creating frustration because you need to try out what you can do instead of just checking info. So, no.
  6. If you have flags in that res you will be able to see them inside the "Area Flags" and "Your Flags" which will be not removed in my idea:
    My suggestion is to prevent people from knowing what people have certain flags... Could help with keeping alts semi hidden, as well as for projects which require a team with some anonymity/secrecy/privacy
    Nickblockmaster and _Devuu__ like this.
  7. +1

I don't really see the need for this myself, but I can well imagine that this could be fun for event residences. And well, even though I wouldn't be using it myself I'm always a fan of more settings to tinker with :)
    haastregt and Tuqueque like this.
  8. I also see this used for events on residences but I am gonna say +0 cause its another idea that seems decent
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Mhm... sounds like a good idea.. Indeed, it would be a great way to keep alts hidden-ish It would also be nice for malls: I personally always had a lot of people with sell flag true, due to them kind of abusing some systems. it would be nice if you could hide all that junk for thhe people who just want to know who thhe owner is or so.
    +0.5
  10. +1, I'm sure someone has perms at spawn but you never know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.