[SUGGESTION] Editing profile post comments

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by We3_MPO, Feb 24, 2018.

?

What do you think?

I can see why they need this, but I don't like the idea. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+1 overall 6 vote(s) 54.5%
I like the idea, but I don't see why they need this. 2 vote(s) 18.2%
-1 overall 1 vote(s) 9.1%
I very strongly support this. 2 vote(s) 18.2%
I very strongly oppose this. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I suggest this because often, people (including myself) find themselves needing to rephrase something in a profile post comment and/or making typos that need to be fixed. You can't just do that without deleting and re-typing the ENTIRE profile comment, which doing will create an extra alert for whoever made the main profile post and anyone who has already commented on that profile post, and I (and surely many others) don't want to spam people unintentionally with something that I can't help.
    _Bunni__, 607 and ChespinLover77 like this.
  2. +1 I could see this being a thing
    Though to be honest, I think the profile change I'd like more is to be able to "stop watching" profile comment chains
  3. +1 the little details matter to, this would be a minute change but a great change
    ChespinLover77 and We3_MPO like this.
  4. Not to get the thread off-topic (I know how badly that can turn out), but I strongly agree with that too.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  5. Don't worry, it's usually not a big deal. :)

This would be nice, if it could be implemented. Both of the ideas presented. Although I feel like both might be hard to implement. I mean, we've hacked XenForo a lot already, but something like this... it might be possible, I don't know! :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. It's not in the default list of permissions per group, so it would require some manual tweaking by Aikar.
    607 likes this.
  7. You can also just copy the comment before deleting it, and then just past and edit what's wrong. ;)

Nonetheless, though I don't mind the current way too much, it would be handy if this was possible. :)
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  8. Does that mean it's denied, tabled for future discussion, or planned to be looked into?
  9. The 'defer to Aikar's expertise and he'll maybe or maybe not respond' category.