[Suggestion] Donate signs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MemeLad, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Solution to the donate specific number: Wall of donation signs from 1000 to 1 rupee, and click as you please
  2. So, 1000 signs?
    Erm,okay...
    607 likes this.
  3. -_- let me rephrase

1rupee donate signs, 10 rupee donate signs, 100 rupee 1000 rupee, and if you feel like it higher (increments of 10)
  4. Well, this is the same exact thing as the dirt donations. Just less space. If you want to donate less than the sign says then do /r pay but this is a better solution.
  5. One thing I'll say in general (not specific to this idea): simple additions to existing systems are always good. Why restrict something because "you can already do it like _______", if an alternative, and often better way can created easily.
  6. I like the idea :D Now people that want to donate do not have to go to a unprofessional donation dirt shop. Some players might even think the player hosting the dirt shop is trying to scam dirt or something. This could probably eliminate those problems. :)
  7. Someone a while ago posted a thread about custom rupee history (rupees are payed with a reason such as /r pay Olaf_C 50 Donation) and while they are 2 different things I believe the one was personally approved by ICC I like this option better when it comes to donations because lazy people like me don't want to type. But...
    empire.jpg
  8. I see no problem with having both, all we have to do is make sure that this catches aikar's attention
  9. Aikar, if you approve this I will help ruin the economy by your side one SMP at a time.
  10. I read this last night at about 4 am, but was far too tired to post. I think it's quite the interesting idea, but there are a number of simple solutions, so it may not be worth the effort.

For example, someone mentioned a hopper dropper mechanism. One could very easily just place a hopper next to the donation chest. Throwing 1 dirt into a hopper isn't that much effort. Also, direct payment is pretty easy as well.

So, while it would look cleaner, I really don't think this will be done anytime soon. Dragon tombs and new user on boarding are far more significant at the moment. But...Aikar keeps going to work during the day. What a silly guy he is.
  11. This is great!
  12. I really like this Idea
  13. There will be this feature in the future. If you have a scratch around the issue tracker you'll find it. Sign triggered Redstone.
  14. http://track.empire.us/issue/EMC-278
    MR2R2M likes this.