[Suggestion] Different player settings per world

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Hi gang!

We all know the player settings I hope? Use the /ps command in-game which allows you to change a whole lot of settings. And the best part: either globally or per-server. So, for example, I normally play in difficulty 6 and allow both mini-bosses and enraged mobs to spawn. But when Aya & me were going out on a 15k+ block trip in the Frontier we both decided to change our settings. Difficulty 3, no spawning of bosses & enraged and that's it. But only for SMP9, not the other servers.

So here's the thing: I believe there's a huge difference between difficulty between the Overworld and the Nether where custom mobs are concerned (nether hounds). So I'd rather keep spawning of enraged off in the Nether, but on in the Overworld. Right now this isn't possible, the only way to achieve this is to keep on changing your settings as soon as you enter & leave the nether.

As such my suggestion: allow us to change some settings on a per-world basis as well. Most specifically the Overworld and the Nether, but maybe the End could be included too.
    607 and NetherSpecter like this.
  2. +1 would be neat
  3. Yeah seems like it'd be useful, though not sure how it could be done. +1