[SUGGESTION] Charging users for certain aspects of res

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by HunKoon15, Mar 4, 2015.

?

Would this be a cool feature?

Yes 8 vote(s) 53.3%
No 6 vote(s) 40.0%
Some where in between. 1 vote(s) 6.7%
  1. I'm not sure whether or not this has been brought up yet or not, so im going to bring it up anyway.

I was think, what if i could charge a user for certain aspects of my res. Like a one-time admission to a roller coast or something. You could always have the owner of the res or staff open a door for the player once they pay, but wouldn't it be a good idea if it would be, in a sense, automated. Have it open all the time so players could access the area even if the owner or the res is off.

So my idea...Its sorta like a shop sign in the sense that a player is paying a price for an item/utility. But this would be a way to open say a door instead of buying an item. So what you could do is put this sign on/above a door and a player would click it and a message would pop up saying "Do you wish to access [ITEM BEING ACCESSED] for [CERTAIN AMOUNT OF RUPEES]. This would be used to grant access to say a muesuem that a player has been building, or a zoo/amusement park. This way players could make some money after spending alot on materials etc.

Now take this to the next step...Maybe you have something that you want to be exclusive to players but it is maybe under/above your residence...this is where a tp sign can come into use. It would be like the normal tp sign but a little change to support the fee for teleportaion. I'm not too sure about how this work.

This would be a good idea IMO. I would like to see something like this in the future on Empire Minecraft.

Please tell me what you think and if this has already been suggested. An please no hate guys, this is just an idea that popped into my head today.:)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. I think this would be an awesome idea! +1
  3. I love the concept! I can see problems with it but I could probably play devils advocate on almost anything. I can think of so many... SO MANY new things that could be made and I'm sure that it could inspire many many other things that other people would make that would make me love EMC just that much more.

Edit: spelling correction
  4. You can do this using redstone logic.
  5. Was just about to say. I've made this in redstone before and it's seriously simple.
    cowland123 likes this.
  6. ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Agreed about the redstone solution (then again: pictures or it didn't happen! :p) but there are issues with that. For example timing.

For the OP: you could set up something where players can buy a dirt block for an x amount of rupees. Then use a so called "BUD switch" (Block Update Detector) which can detect changes occurring in your "dirt chest". Those changes could then trigger other things, such as the opening of a door.

Of course this comes with one problem: timing. Best to keep that door open for a while otherwise you'd risk people paying, not finding the door quickly enough and then seeing it close before their eyes. So with that in mind; might be doable with redstone, but an official solution could be easier on the regular players.

SO yeah, I like the idea.
  8. I very much like the idea also. Like GGawadrolt I could see a few problems myself but the overall concept is fantastic. As far as the teleport go in the advancement... Just put the regular teleport behind a pay door.
  9. Has been suggested before, it's on track, just not a priority. EMC-278
    Pab10S likes this.
  10. I WANT THIS TOO! sorry for caps, but i got too excited! this is an idea that i want too 100000000+
  11. I mean there's an easy way to delay that: using redstone repeaters.
    It's a bit difficult to set up if you've never done it before, but it's incredibly useful.
  12. I am a fan of the idea.

You could also use a comparator and a chest with a buy sign, but it looks odd and is confusing. It also has a habit of failing in occasional circumstances and cannot teleport players.
  13. What about scamming, or abuse?
    like uh, telling people you have a rollercoaster when in reality its just an empty plot. Or just putting the door in a weird place.
  14. There's always a chance to scam. An opportunity for a feature always brings up the question of abuse.

There's no way to prevent scam completely. At all. You bring up a problem with this feature, but have you questioned the currency of the Empire - the Rupee? It's 100% certain that people will try to scam people out of paying for items. However, just because there's a chance doesn't mean the Rupee needs to go.

It's the same concept here.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  15. Red stone and creativity are your friends here. there a a ton of ways this could be done: you could have a piston door open up under them, a door could open up nearby with a pressure plate on the other side which closes the doof, and for teleporting, try hooking up these ideas with a pressure plate teleporter.
  16. i wish someone would make a comprehensive guide to buying access in all its different forms (opening doors, accessing dispensers, teleporting, etc) and load it on youtube for us less inclined to copy with our ideas