[Suggestion] Beacon Boundaries in Town

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Haerhitman, Feb 11, 2014.

1. We could possibly look at adding a check to see if you're the owner of the res the beacon is on then allowing the effect to happen even if you're not in the res. No worries :D If the change happens and it messes your situation up then be sure and bring it to our attention.
    ArtemisV, 607 and dresden72 like this.
  2. Thanks! I am totally cool with that solution. I was like, "uh, I just bought those beacons last week..."
    BraxtonPH likes this.
  3. Incorporating this check into a res flag that defaults to false might be a good idea for this. Most people i know don't mine the beacon effects most of the time. Being able to toggle it would be nice.
    607 and dresden72 like this.
  4. i am kind of liking this, but i think it should be changed a bit, some people have alts or other residences they own right next to eachother. i think their should be a flag for beacon effects, because that could help everyone more.
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  5. woo! another thing for aikar to do so dragon tombs take another 8 months =D
  6. I would say for best experience: beacon flag enables receiving beacon effects (Default TRUE, I don't see why it would default false requiring users to set yet another flag)

Then, limit effects to residences of the same owner/road.
  7. Glad i only asked for this months ao and was told it was not possible .....
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  8. Sorry :( I'm going to try and make and effort to follow up on smaller dev things in the forums so if you ever see something not getting any attention feel free to shoot me a message :D At the very least I'll make 100 percent sure it's in the tracker.
    fishmeal likes this.
  9. It isn't possible within current API =P

I'm going to be pulling a baseline of someone elses work to add an API For it though.
    fishmeal likes this.
  10. DOUBLE DEV TEAM..... ATTACK!!!
    Haerhitman likes this.
  11. I don't like this idea I have my beacons in town road to reach 4 res' s coz it would effect my builds coz I based the builds off of having them in town roads I do think that if a power reaches a res then u could have the option to have the whole res have that power sorry for bad typing on phone in grade 12 college advanced math lol
  12. Found that:
    607 likes this.
  13. Read aikar's post above...
    607 and Haerhitman like this.
  14. Yes, beacons should be per res only! Neighbours should not get to decide what effects you get!
    Haerhitman likes this.
  15. You developers are really nice to go through the effort to code to make us happy. :D I really appreciate it, and I too think something should be done about beacons, it is really irritating to get effects I don't want while building. I let my beacons overlap my reses too, but I'm sure Pirate and/or Aikar can find a way to make exceptions for same-owner residences. If not, I'll just expend the extra effort to get more beacons. 10k is pretty darn easy to make back if you have to buy them.
    fishmeal and PirateOfDW like this.
  16. Seeing as this was the most recent thread on the matter I could find (and had response), any progress here?
    Pab10S and 607 like this.
  17. There is a buff flag which can be used to prevents all potion effects and beacon effects.
  18. It doesn't. I have it set to false, but it most certainly does not work.

EDIT: A little more specific, I have -buffs on ALL my residences, and the only thing it does is remove effects when entering the res - which are then immediately added right back by nearby beacons, making the flag largely worthless.
    607 likes this.
  19. Instead of having beacons be only per res... it would be easier to have a:

All Buff Flag (Removes any buff)
    -Res In Buff (Removes only effects given from on your res)
    -Res Out Buff (Removes only effects given from areas outside of your res)

--------------

First your area of your residence would need to be obtained ...
    north west set to one variable ... that variables' y set to 255 ....
    south east set to another variable ... that variables' y set to 1 ....

A third variable will copy the value of the first variable - it's x and z will be increased by 64
    A fourth variable will copy the value of the second variable - it's x and z will be decreased by 64
    (this causes there to be a second region)
    --------------

If all buff flags is false - if you are given a potion | beacon effect, it's removed

-----
    If res in buff is true | res out is false

It will look for any beacon within the first and second variable .... If there is a beacon, then the data is obtained from the beacon...
    if the beacon is level 1: you need to be standing at least 20 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 2: you need to be standing at least 30 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 3: you need to be standing at least 40 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 4: you need to be standing at least 50 blocks from it

if you are standing within the range ... then you are allowed to have the corresponding beacon affect - every other beacon effect is removed... the loop will recheck every 7 seconds ... if you are outside of that range area - it won't re-give you the effect.

----
    If res out buff is true | res in is false

It will look for any beacon within the third and fourth variable .... If there is a beacon, then the data is obtained from the beacon...
    if the beacon is level 1: you need to be standing at least 20 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 2: you need to be standing at least 30 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 3: you need to be standing at least 40 blocks from it
    if the beacon is level 4: you need to be standing at least 50 blocks from it

if you are standing within the range ... then you are allowed to have the corresponding beacon affect - every other beacon effect is removed... the loop will recheck every 7 seconds ... if you are outside of that range area - it won't re-give you the effect.
    607 likes this.
  20. krysyyjane9191 and 607 like this.