[Suggestion]Banning the use of God Apples in PvP

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by SteveClasher, Jun 28, 2015.

1. But the main thread was suggesting both that and to literally ban apples
    Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. I can almost guarantee you that if a new set of PvP arenas were created without the use of Super Golden Apples were made (which alone sounds like a ridiculous amount of work just to ban the usage of 1 item), but the current PvP arenas would become barren. Everyone would be too scared if they were pointed out like, "WARNING: Super Golden Apples can be used here!!!"
    If they so choose to waste their precious gold or rupees on some Super Golden Apples, then so be it. You wasted your precious diamond or iron to craft your Weapons, Armour, and Tools, you get to use them in the PvP arenas, so why should Super Golden Apples be banned alike? As many people have said before me, it is your choice to fight in the PvP arenas. No one is forcing you to do it, and you lose absolutely nothing in it.
    607 likes this.
  3. Sorry for the double post, but:

1. This was how long ago? If it was before Minecraft 1.6 then this is no longer valid because 1.6 was when the Regeneration effect itself was nerfed.

2. People do the same thing with golden apples, as mentioned before:

So it's okay to do this with golden apples, but not with shiny flesh?

#DoubleStandards
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. Super Golden Apples can take quite a while to create just 1, which wont last you very long in a single fight. In that amount of time you can get 8-32 Shiny Flesh, as it drops in 4-15 quantities per Enraged Zombie.
  5. But 1 Golden Apple's regeneration lasts 30 seconds and is enough to heal up instantly from any damage you take during that time (Regeneration V heals 1 half-heart every 1 tick, or 1/20 of a second, so in 1 second all your health comes back).

Also, unlike Shiny Flesh, Super Golden Apples have 3 other effects as well:
    Fire Resistance for 5 minutes
    Resistance for 5 minutes
    Absorption for 2 minutes

So with a Super Golden Apple, not only do you have immunity to fire damage and a 20% damage nullifier, you also have 20% more maximum overhealth.

What's Shiny Flesh have? Regeneration IV for 5 seconds, healing 7 hearts, and Mining Fatigue III for 3 minutes? Yeah. I'd still pick Super Golden Apples.

Also, Enraged Zombies don't ALWAYS drop Shiny Flesh, and they don't ALWAYS spawn at night. If you want, we can have a race right now to see who can get more Shiny Flesh or Golden Apples first; I'll make gapples and you gather flesh during that time. At the end of the race, I guarantee you Enchanted Golden Apples will be much easier to gather up.

Either way, what it boils down to is accessibility:
    Shiny Flesh isn't as strong as a Super Golden Apple and can only be obtained a certain way.
    Super Golden Apples can not only be crafted easily and renewably, but can be bought elsewhere with Rupees, so anyone with money to blow can easily get their hands on as many of them as they want in a short timeframe anyway. You can't "buy" Shiny Flesh.
  6. Zombie flesh/virus were nerfed because their price vs reward was ridiculous. You could purchase around 100 pieces of flesh for the price of 1 God Apple. With the current prices and amount of gold needed to make 1 apple, the price vs reward for the apple is at least reasonable, so while it might be OP, there is a price compensation for it.
    We will not ban a vanilla item. There are fair arenas already, which will be fixed.
  7. Ok then - maybe I'll start using gapples in PvP again :) I'm convinced~ No one will like me for it, but it won't be wrong. :D
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  8. well I mean, that's what gapple users do.. And they don't really care about that, lol. You can complain, but nothing will be done about it permanently.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. You need to gather up 72 Gold Ingots per Super Golden Apple, lets say we go for just 2 Hours. In that time you'll probably get 2-3 Stacks of Gold Ore, congrats you're at 2 Super Golden Apples (3 if lucky). I can run around any open plains for quite a while, a day cycle is 20 minutes, so I'm given 10 minutes of night. That's an hour of hunting, I could probably accumulate a good 32 Enraged Zombies and get 1-3 Stacks of Shiny Flesh, so while I can keep on munching at my 2ish Stacks of Shiny Flesh, you only got 1 minute of Regen, 10 minutes of the rest. My 2ish Stacks (for simplicity sakes) of Shiny Flesh will give me Regen and Resist for 10.5 minutes, plus Mining Fatigue only deters your mining speed not your attack speed.
  10. Fair arena's, people use armor and weapons while they are supposed to use no food, armor, or weapons.
  11. Fair arenas solve nothing.

The problem is that God Apples (Gapples) are over-powered and give players invincibility. You both know the power of Gapples - in Staff PvP events if you don't eat them you die. With 10+ players trying to kill you. So I fail to see how these are "fair" in the slightest, if it's a 1v1, or even up to a 10v1 against someone with gapples. Gapples ruin PvP. You're putting one player with normal armor against someone with invincibility... that's not fun at all.

So your suggestion is to use the fair arenas. Thing is, the fair arenas aren't fun. At all. In any way. A 'good' fight involves bows, fire, having to run away into water to recover health, etc. Not being hit with a combo attack and dying in 10 seconds. The fair arenas will ban all items, including bows, fire, knockback, pretty much anything that makes PvP more than a fistfight. Because that's what fair PvP is... a fistfight. Telling players to use fair arenas is telling them to punch each other until they're bored.

Let me assure you, Fair PvP sucks.

Which is why having one arena banning the use of gapples/buffs would be a great thing. The rich people could still use their overpowered god apples to not take damage while those who want to do more than get wrecked by someone with gapples could actually have a fair fight. The three other arenas would still be used often.

Telling a player to go to fair PvP is a slap in the face... literally.
  12. What if it wasn't me mining for Gold Ore? What if it was just me at a Zombie Pigman gold/xp farm?
    More specifically, one similar to this:

Nearly 32 blocks of gold per hour = 4 Super Golden Apples; multiplied by 2 hours over time = 8 Super Golden Apples. Guaranteed. (Using Looting grants potential for even more of them.)
    If I need more, I can always just buy them.
    Also, have you tested that 2-hour theory yet to see how common Enraged Zombies spawn out in the Wild to "hunt" for Shiny Flesh lately? I heard from Kat (georgeashington) earlier today that custom drops, as well as custom mobs themselves, have been appearing much less frequently as-of-late.

I'm well-aware that Mining Fatigue III has no effect on combat. To me, it's kind of a waste to have as an effect, but meh :p

...also, I'm not kidding or being sarcastic about the gapple thing. I will start using them again. <w<
    Just wanted to make a few points still~
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  13. Hence why I said "broken." Fair arenas are supposed to be a fistfight where armor/weapons have no effect.
  14. Machines shone in those videos nullify all other spawn rates, the Nether has many different areas for other mobs to spawn without you noticing it. In enough time those spawned in areas you can't find will stop your machine entirely because we reach our glorious 90-mob cap limit. It takes enough time and resource to build the machine alone, and then eliminate every single spawning space in the area, well that just isn't worth it if you're trying to get Super Golden Apples just to PvP =P
    Also assuming (for arguments sake), that you're to build this within our 2 hour time limit of the run well you're a bit beat =P
    EDIT: These farms are also majorly based on abuse of bugs in-game, which are patched in the next release update. The creator of this farm stated it works in 1.8, we're in 1.8.3 =)
  15. i dont think anyone would argue, even gapple users liek myself that the fair arenas need to be worked on and fixed to accurately represent what they are supposed to do, as well as not be just plain open spaces. but thats not the title of this thread or the intent.
    so in the current topside arenas gapples should be allowed, in the bottom arenas a few changes need to be made namely:
    actual arenas with builds in them,
    the intended features to be present (such as no armor arenas actually having no armor)
    Possibly a different arena where the only thing not allowed are gapples
    AND MOST IMPORTANT: the ability to directly tp to those other arenas free of the wait time from the initial arena now i know there is the pathway down and thats nice but it takes almost a minute to run all the way there and then back to the middle which means the timer is up anyways also the path should be coming down from all 4 directions

as a sidenote i think if it hasnt already happened the cooldown timer needs to be discussed with players and possibly taken to vote
    neonkillah and PenguinDJ like this.
  16. On Emc you would be lucky to get 3 golden apples worth of gold from that farm in 2 hours. If I did my maths right.

Edit: and what masterdude said
  17. Actually there is a secret in the tutorial to get 5 golden apples, can't say where, all I can say is...it is well hidden.

18. Pretty sure players are the reason it was put into effect. There has been some whining about the timer but not any persistent outrage at them. They are annoying, that about sums it up. When they aren't there it's even more annoying.
  19. the whining is what should be addressed, aikar just kind of put it up without any thought on the mechanics of it but i think the whining would be quelled if we could decide a reasonable way for the system to work
  20. i agree, some arenas shouldn't use buffs