[Suggestion]Banning the use of God Apples in PvP

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by SteveClasher, Jun 28, 2015.

1. I personally do not agree. I have been in arenas where I've used gapples, I've been in arenas where I haven't but others have. There are times when I still come out on top against players using gapples. If you fight a player who gapples, and don't like it, go make Splash Potions of Poison and then wail on them with whatever sword or axe you have, they'll be too busy trying to make sure their poison is gone to notice that they're about to die. Trust me I've been on both ends of that.

If you are good enough, then even gapples shouldn't stop you from enjoying PvP. If you aren't, well, I hate to sound like I'm trying to be mean here, but don't join PvP then. If you don't think you can win against people who are using gapples or have better gear than you, don't fight them. Enter another arena or just don't PvP at all until you have decent enough gear, it sounds harsh I know, but you won't stop people from using gapples, so find a way to kill them.
    Just my opinion on it.
  2. Any changes made to the arenas have always been made based on the community's input. The timer exists because of valid community concerns that were expressed. The fair arenas exist (while not perfectly atm) because players wanted them. Do not believe for one second that we make our decisions arbitrarily without any thought as to what the community wants. No, we don't do votes all the time. Frankly, it's because the players cheat to have their side win with alts, etc. We cannot trust a poll. However, we listen, and we do make every decision after thinking things out thoroughly.

The path down to fair arenas was made after a player was upset about not being able to get down there easily. I took time and manually added it as a temporary measure until a more permanent solution can be made.

The fair arenas need some work and chicken working on resflags WILL fix issues that exist with them at present. I'm sure that when everything is fixed, we can legitly create an arena for no gapples/potion effects. However, we will not be banning the buff effects in the standard arenas meaning we will not be banning gapples from the main arenas.
  3. If we're good enough? So say we're in a 2v2 and 1 team is using gapples and one is not.. You think both teams have a fair chance of winning? No that would be false seeing as you get regen, fire res, resistance? I cannot remember all the buffs but I know there are a fair few. I know you might not want to sound mean but me and other PvPers have full maxed out armour and maxed out weapons but with this still we cannot kill people. To show people how OP these are I went and made one then told 4 players to come and kill me all at once... guess who won? I did. 1v4 and I won because of a gapple.

It has been stated before that many people disagree with us but when you PvP as much as some of us and you know a fair bit about it, you know whats happening. ALSO the players that were using gapples threw poison at me because I was getting annoyed about them using so many gapples. I know it's their money but it's also OUR fun.
    Thank you for the feedback though.

I know where you're coming from but I just hope we can all come to an understanding? All most people here would like is a seperate arena (Such as the regular blue arena as it's popular) that has banned items such as gapples/promos/pots and enderpearls(some may disagree, just my opinion) I will be happy to help out whatever way I can. I'll learn code if need be and even help design a new arena? All we are asking for is an arena anywhere that has those items banished? I hope you will atleast consider this proposal. Once again thank you for feedback.

-Matthew
    ChrisFlareon likes this.
  4. Thank you, that is what I and most others were asking for. Glad we could get this to a general consensus.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. Re-read my post.
  6. I just saw it after I postedmine. Sorry I'm a slow typer. Thank you very much and if you or whoever is making this happen needs any help at all please can you let them know I would be happy to help.
  7. I am currently working on a few 'fixes' for the PvP arenas-mostly the fair ones.

What I saw last night when I went to survey things is that two of the fair arenas appear to be under construction:
    • Purple (now with black glass and renamed emcgames1) currently has +buffs which would be an issue there
    • Yellow (now renamed emcgames2) also has +buffs and looks less finished than the other.)
    As for Pink and Light Blue-those I hope to have working with the intended no armor, no items and no buffs soon as I get a chance to do it. I will finalize any tweaking needed for the other arenas when they are complete and a determination as to what flags should be set is made as I am not currently in the loop with the goings on with those arenas.

As for the god apples. I echo what Krysyy has already stated.
  8. Purple and Yellow are under renovation =P

They both used to be the same, used for EMC Games 2014 official PvP event.
    Reason for +buffs is because of ability to eat food. (discussed with chicken)
  9. i have 1v1 a player using god apples and splash potions and won with normal armor and weapons, the trick? enderpearls and a marlix bow, the punch makes it where they cant get close enough to me to use the splash, and the dmg is more then a typical sword. tactics are just as important as op gear or buffs, if you are on a hill shooting down at someone tryign to get up without pearls you can block them all day until their gapple runs out.
    UnovaWarriorX likes this.
  10. This just in: everyone get a Marlix Bow now, or you should never play in PvP again! If you don't have one... well... sucks to be you, doesn't it?

Is this really the kind of message we want to be sending here? That if you don't have a promo item from a miniboss that spawns rarely that you should be barred from PvPing because you'll always lose against gapplers (aka me and whoever else uses them)?
    TigerstarMC likes this.
  11. I think I should add: what if gapple users like myself also use Ender Pearls? Then you're pretty much screwed because they'll always be in your face, keeping in mind we'll take virtually no damage from their own pearls because of the buffs we're currently receiving - in addition to the Feather Falling IV or V enchant, depending on the boots we're wearing. :p
  12. no the message is simple, there are things more op then gapples including tactics, you can just as easily do the same thing with a normal bow you would just need alot more precision. as for your second question, obviously anyone well prepared for pvp is going to do better then someone not in any case, you wouldnt expect a person using voters armor to be able to seriously compete with someone in full diamond would you? its possible sure but improbable
    UnovaWarriorX likes this.
  13. Pvpers tend to get mad at players who use gapples. This doesn't bother me too much. First of all, they spend money and time making it. Secondly, It's fair game to use fire res pots and regen pots, yet gapples aren't allowed? Lastly, people who own pvp shops all over smp6 would have to remove gapples from there stock. I respect your opinion, but I just think it's still fair game.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. As stated, by krysyy, its a normal Minecraft item. If people wanna waste 1k on 1 apple let 'em.
  15. The title as been exagerate because I was pissed off that day but it was said that god apples wont be removed but we will get our no buff and very fun arena soon.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  16. It's the users choice, if you don't like it pvp later in the day? I quite like to 1v1 some people using grapples and I quite like not to use them, it's up to the person if they do or do not use them -1 from me :p
    bitemenow15 likes this.