[Suggestion] Alts access Main accounts chests

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Be6Ja1min, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Hello, Recently i ordered some logs from Yix's Log business and yix set up an access chest for My main account (Bennylikesbagels) Since i play on my alt alot of the time, i didn't want to get on my main account and get the wood. i suggest that a person can enable a setting for a certain player has access to all the locked/access chests that are writen for the main account. I would call it Player trust. it could be toggled to have it so if say i want my alt to only have access to my locked chests without having their name on the sign above the locked chest. Or i only want My alt to have access to the access chests under my name. I know you can put '@friends' under locked chests but what if i don't want to have all my friends have access to the locked chest. You of course could write their name on the sign but what if you write you name just
    [ locked ]
    Bennylikesbagels

it gives access to all the players under your Trust vouch, The trust vouch would be different then the Destroy friends blocks vouch. like friend admin.
    and say

[ ACCESS ]
    Bennylikesbagels

This is just a suggestion :)
    MyGlazedDonuts and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Yes please! +infinite
    Bunjimon348 and BennyLikesBagels like this.
  3. So if I understand right, this would be adding a new type of vouch where the person being vouched can access locked/access chests of the vouch-er?
  4. That's a better explanation then I said and it's correct
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  5. Except that vouching only works for 30 minutes (I want permanent vouching :/) and I'd hope that this would work indefinitely.
  6. na i sorta want it be permanent
  7. Sorry to bust your bubble here, but I’d have to give a -1 to this, though I really appreciate the idea.

Let me give a scenario why -

Lets say Player A puts a sign on a chest to give access to Player B. Player B had an alt though, so your idea is to give Player B the ability to let their alt access that chest, too.

There are 2 problems with this though:

1. This means that Player A loses the ability to have full knowledge and control over who can access their chest. As the chest owner, I like knowing the full list of people who can access my chest.

2. There is no way to make sure that Player B only gives access to their alt, and not to some random Player C.

Chest permissions on EMC are great mainly because you as the chest owner gets to know and determine who specifically has access to your chest. The minute you get rid of that, your chests become much less secure.
    Joy_the_Miner and Bunjimon348 like this.
  8. what if only player a has the abilty to give the vouch to other people as he is the chest owner, so player a would have to give perms to player b's alt. so say JD set up an access chest for me My Main Account. Since my name is writen on the sign everyone i have trust vouched has access to the chest, which im presuming only alt should be trust vouched as a RULE. but if player a has player b trust vouched. player b's people who are trust vouched cant access that chest unless player b's name is writen on the sign. and if Player a trusts player b so much, player a will also trust vouch players b alt. Now i am presuming everyone is super smart about who they trust vouch and they dont trust vouch some random person. thats why this feature is for ALTS as they are yourself and what the point of stealing from yourself.
  9. -1
    There's a thing called shared alt accounts, and if, for example, you and the other person get into an argument, they can take whatever they want that's in the chest and do whatever they please with it, which will in turn lead to more feuding
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  10. i know all the flaws of it for 2 different accounts. But this would work great for people who have alot of alts. I guess i sorta releys on People being smart about who they vouch. at any time you can unvouch the player
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  11. Another possible solution to the lack of chest control, is like a "chest is vouchable" option in your player settings, that dictates if a chest you set up can be vouched to be open
    BennyLikesBagels likes this.
  12. or some kind of Res flag to allow chest vouch.
  13. I'm not sure if I like this idea, mainly because I can see it being abused. Not only that, but I agree with others that simply using the "/vouch" command would suffice for a majority of time for others to access your own stuff.
  14. I agree with joy a more than I thought I would, its a good idea in concept, but feels dangerous in execution. I think there is probably a mostly safe way to implement it, I am just not sure how long it will take to figure out and if devs care enough about a small feature like this. I probably wouldnt if i was them.
    wafflecoffee likes this.