[Suggestion] Adding the 'Soulbound' effect to any item

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 0PatchTheSnake0, Sep 1, 2013.

?

What do you think?

I agree. 9 vote(s) 19.1%
Needs tweaking. 21 vote(s) 44.7%
I don't like the idea. 17 vote(s) 36.2%
  1. Just use mini boss gear for that…
  2. 1 word, labor day benches!
    gollark8 and 5chris100 like this.
  3. Unless it was a labor bench that wouldn't break
    *eviler laugh*

EDIT:It might be good to have a Soulbining Station at /town at 70k members where you can soulbound 1 thing for free and more for huge amounts of money.
    boozle628 likes this.
  4. OR you could add a durability to labor benches.

*EVEN more evil laugh*
  5. Bad idea.
    PenguinDJ and boozle628 like this.
  6. lol, 3 words...
  7. First off, I neither disagree or agree with this idea. It could be implemented in the future, but may not be so soon. Actually, it is a pretty sweet idea, in fact. But, isn't mainly EMC about their great SMP experience? I'm just worried that this would take away the SMP aspect in EMC and the thrill of venturing out into the wilderness to mine as players would no longer need to care if they die, their items would get still be in their inventory when they respawn anyways.

Though, it would be nice if there would only be a period of time where you can make your items SoulBound. Like maybe, 1 week in a month you can SoulBound your items? Or it could be only a special occasion item. :)
  8. The idea of this is that no one has the money to add this to all their items. either that, or the idea in this thread about finding them in the wild like stable vouchers and stuff. an extremely rare and costly item.

9. You wouldn't lose nothing, you'd lose everything you'd gathered while in the wild. You'd lose any tools or armor you hadn't soulbound. Remember it would cost a large sum of rupees to soulbind something, so you'd want to pick and chose what you did. It just means you'll have to replace the tools when they break rather than when you die.
    Pab10S likes this.
  10. I can see this being used more on items that are special to you. That book you friend gave you with an epic story for your birthday. The first diamond you mined. Your lucky stick.
  11. I think there should be a soulbound enchanted book. Maybe a 1 in 1000 chance when you enchant a book with level 30.
  12. There are many rich players in Empire.
  13. Rich players are generally rich because they are careful how they use their rupees.
    jkjkjk182 and apamment like this.
  14. This is being portrayed as more of a game-changer than it really is, at least for me. In my opinion, when Aikar removed the repair cost from Anvils last December, it had more affect than this would.

Since December I've lost one set of armor and tools to fire. None have been lost to usage unless I wanted to use them up. I used to be grinding out tools and armor all the time. Now I have four Unb3/Eff5 shovels I keep repaired in Town. On each server where I'm playing in the Wild I have a full set of armor and a full set of nice tools.

It doesn't come without a high price. I pay for this is in Diamonds, Anvils, and experience. A night of mining means I'll have to spend an hour or two grinding out repairs, but the advantage is that I have exactly the items I want, with the enchantments I want, where I want them to be. It is costly, but also more convenient because everything I need is right there.

At this point having Soulbound wouldn't mean much to me unless I could put it on a full set of armor and tools so that instead of occasionally having to run a set out from Town when I do something stupid, I would never have to unless I intentionally or negligently allowed the items to break.

All the Soulbound items I've heard of can't be repaired. Since I potentially already have equipment I'll never replace again I essentially already have something better than Soulbound. For me it comes down to: What is the value of not having to replace my equipment once in a while? What should the cost of never be? I think if it ends up being much more than the cost of a high end Enchanted Book I'll have to pass.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  15. Personally though, I like the risk of losing things

Like in fire emblem, if someone dies, they are dead. No coming back. Gone. FOREVER.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  16. I don't know about you, but if one of my characters died in Fire Emblem, I instantly turned off my game and loaded my game again. I wanted to have every single character till the very end. (I even did this in the last battle).

Anyway, besides my love for Fire Emblem, I'm still up for this soulbound suggestion.
    A lot of replies noted that the overpowered-ness of soulbound isn't really the case as long as it is either rare or expensive.
  17. Maybe 10k-20k for item. that wouldn't be overpowered as the promo items cost 10k+ and some are soulbound.
  18. It should be avalible to all ranks, but will cost more as your rank gets lower. Free will have a fine of somthing like 20-35k, Iron will pay 10-15k, Gold will pay 5k or something, Diamond will be like 1-3k.
  19. I personally dont think it should cost less when u donate...

i mean, supporters alrdy get extra rupees. its alrdy almost like the get everything cheaper, cuz they get a larger login bonus to buy stuff...

maybe supporters can soulbind more items than regular players, like, maybe, 5 items per year, or maybe 1 per month for regular players; and than 1 more per year/month for each supporter rank

Shady manatee says: yeah, what he said >_>
    gollark8 likes this.
  20. I think its a good idea if it has a high price, and couldn't be used on the Mob Arena or, whenever it happens, the PVP server.
    FDNY21 likes this.