[Suggestion] Adding the 'Soulbound' effect to any item

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 0PatchTheSnake0, Sep 1, 2013.

?

What do you think?

I agree. 9 vote(s) 19.1%
Needs tweaking. 21 vote(s) 44.7%
I don't like the idea. 17 vote(s) 36.2%
  1. A horse?We have stables already.
  2. No,that's not a good idea.
  3. I know but if youre riding a horse and it dies it would be nice to have it back in your stable.
  4. Maybe you can only soulbound it once and you can have soul bound for x amount of deaths and you pay x squared thousand rupees
  5. I want a reason, I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  6. It just seems to be overpriced.Saving it once,never again being able to save it.
  7. Maybe the price would start at 10k for one bound and go up by a little more than the last one, i.e: 1 SB=10k, 2 SB=23k 3 SB=36k...
    So you can buy multiple soul bounds for an item, but you can get more for it by paying more of th initial cost once you run out of soul bounds.
  8. Meh... This could be great with tweaking, but I definitely disagree with this being a supporter only feature. I think that this should be available to all the little people, too.
  9. Anything that isn't op and makes the economy better by draining rupees, usually gets added in eventually. But if everyone has soul bound gear, that would be op. What would be less op, is if you made it so that you had to make it final so there can be no repairs. Then when your gear breaks, it would be gone. FOREVER.

*evil laugh*
  10. This has already been suggested...
    By me.
    Staff said it won't happen.
    So...
    Yah.
  11. this is a bad idea if you ask me
  12. I imagine this would only work for tools and amour and weapons? If so, people will still lose all their diamonds and what not when they die. Tools and armor isn't worth all that much anyway except for the EMC stuff which is already soulbound.

I don't really see a problem except it would probably cost more than the replacement value of the tool anyway. Maybe if you enchanted it a lot.. but even then.
    Biscuitboy5396 likes this.
  13. Say you pay 30k for god gear. You pay 40k to make it all final and soul bound. If you replace it every single time you die, then that adds up real quick. If you just pay the initial 70k, you will have long lasting armour that won't have to be replaced for a while.
  14. I guess it depends how often you die.
  15. It would obviously cost more than that :p. It would also not be a supporter only feature, whoever said that up there ^^^. It would be a 1 time large price per item. Large is yet to be defined... but I can promise you, it will be high enough to make a difference.

Apamment, I think we would let anyone soulbound just about anything they would want. But you can not soulbound full stacks of of objects for one price or anything. SO if you are soulbinding a diamond, great, but it will not be worth it :p.

Again, everyone talks about how over powered it would be. Its not as strong as you think. No matter how great your armor, it depletes. No matter how amazing your tool, it gets used. Without the ability to repair, you would either use it less, or eventually it would just disappear. Like think of an Ore Buster. I know I never pull mine out unless it is being used for something of worth. Eventually, it will be gone, and I will be sad.

I think soulbinding an item is WAY less OP to someone who does have god armor, and can continually repair it anyways :p
    bloodra1n likes this.
  16. I would soulbind my labor bench :D
    gollark8 likes this.
  17. Thus we must make it such that Empire special items cannot be soulbound if they are not originally.
  18. I would like this but I don't know how it would go. Completely possible a lot would have to be planned out.
  19. Why? The labor bench was 5k in the store, if it costs another (large sum) to soulbind, what would be the problem?
  20. I don't see any problem about soulbinding with final anything as long as it costs a fair bit of rupees say 20,000r. Even in mob arena diamond armour gets chewed through. The winners usually come with multiple sets. Would you waste 80,000r to soulbind a full set of armour just so you get back a full set of badly damaged armour when you die in mob arena.