Suggestion: Adding a starters shield for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi gang!

So the other day I went online using my alt GripCEO to check up on some promos and the rest of his inventory. Since he's my alt I made sure to preserve his starting items when I brought him online. While Aya's starter gear is pretty well used, GripCEO's is pristine. He still has the whole kit: armor, tools, spawn eggs...

It's impressive; a true starters kit. All you need to begin playing (and without risk of losing it!) And that got me thinking... So here's a suggestion which will benefit no one, other than the new players:

Add a starters shield to the new players starting gear after we went 1.9.

I think it's safe to say that you don't want to wander into the wild without a shield, it would be completely unbalanced. Even with armor... And since new players get armor, tools and even (soulbound) torches and spawn eggs, why not a shield?

Now, maybe you already have something like this planned (it sure wouldn't surprise me), but I still felt like sharing my opinion.

I think our new players need this.
  2. Yup. Skeletons without a shield: not fun! :p
  3. also how about older members getting one too =D
    607, ShelLuser and LtCaptainMe like this.
  4. Very easy to build with some wood and a piece of iron. An old member should have no problem making one, but I like the idea of it being in the starter kit for new players. +1
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. I'm also hoping that the shield gets added as a voting bonus, just like everything else has. But that's for another suggestion I guess :)
    nuclearbobomb, ESSELEM and 607 like this.
  6. Since we're now really on 1.9 I feel like this suggestion can use a single bump ;)

Especially because I get the strong impression that we get more new players visiting than before.
  7. +1

It helps complete the tool kit and it is much needed for PvE
    607 likes this.
  8. Confirmed for addition soon for new players. Sometimes this week.
    This doesn't even need fancy code for new players (since it was already nice and coded before) so with a minor bit of tinkering and poking an Aikar to push out an update, we'll be good to go :)

As for allowing old players to get one, that's a tad trickier and I'll discuss with Aikar after he's done focusing on major bugs.
    607, ESSELEM and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.