[Suggestion] Add live map shortcuts to the new spawns in the wild

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Stieltjes, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Would it be possible to add shortcuts in the live map that take you to each of the new(ish) 1,000,000 block spawns?

Currently, the only way I can find to do it is to log in, tp to the spawn and then click on my character in the list on the right.

Alternatively, please let me know if there is already a way of doing this that I'm missing or if you would like me to clarify any if the above.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Change the URL to the coordinates. Better than nothing I guess
    607, ForeverMaster and Stieltjes like this.
  3. Thank you - that's helpful and sounds like a reasonable workaround (although if a button was easy to add, it would be handy!).

However, the URL on the live map doesn't seem to have any cords in it. For example, this is what it's showing for me on SMP7's frontier:

Code:
    https://smp7.emc.gs/#
    I've tried replacing the # with a number, but that took me to a "page not found" page.

Could you explain I put the cords please? Sorry - I'm not an expert on this kind of thing!
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  4. I believe you first need to move position on the livemap once, so coordinates start showing up in the URL. :)
    607, Stieltjes and AdinD like this.
  5. Yep. Once you have the link from /map in game formatting is easier.
    Stieltjes likes this.
  6. Great - I've got that working now. Thanks both!

I notice that you can bookmark this link as well, to save having to generate the link including coords from /map each time.

(Slightly embarrassing that my computer is determined to keep replacing "coords" with "cords"!)
    607 likes this.
  7. Yep, that's what I do. I have all my far outposts bookmarked hah
  8. +1

Even though you can get the link yourself doesn't mean that your suggestion is suddenly bad. I like the idea, and it should be perfectly possible to set up. So you click on a button and then you get a PM about how you can access the livemap.

Here's what I imagine it could look like, did a quick test on my redstone world:

And if you're interested, this is how I did that:

Code:
    /tellraw @p {"text":"Click here to see the livemap of this outpost.","clickEvent":{"action":"open_url","value":"https://smp2.emc.gs/?worldname=wilderness&mapname=flat&zoom=3&x=-9122&y=64&z=74"}}
    It points you to the SMP2 Wild West outpost, which happens to be one of my favorite locations to go to ;)
    607 likes this.
  9. Fast way is to type /map when there and it will allow you to view that location...

Adding all outposts to it would cause it to be a bit spammy if you get what i mean.. And even more when they add more outposts...
  10. maybe aikar can make shortcuts like smp2.emc.gs/northwest to evitate the spam
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. Hmm, would be up to Aikar to pull some trickery with creating a shortcut like smp2.emc.gs/northwest.
    What I can do which is probably the best solution at the moment - is to add a link in-game which outputs a link to your current location on the livemap.
    ThaKloned, Stieltjes and Mob_Meal like this.
  12. That is already the case when you do /map
    Stieltjes likes this.
  13. So it is.
  14. For the say outpost location, could you not get a redirect that puts the location of say;
    https://smp6.emc.gs/?worldname=wilderness&mapname=flat&zoom=3&x=9323&y=64&z=-251
    to look like
    https://smp6.emc.gs/wildwest
    or something along those lines... Then with that it could be a button on the live map that would appear depending what world you are currently viewing... For example, the link above i am Viewing the Frontier, so it would only show the buttons for the spawns of the frontier, then when you switch to say the waste, it would have different buttons appear and the old ones removed...

Just some thoughts on ways it could work....

~Finch
  15. finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  16. Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Buttons were the way I was originally anticipating it, in the same way that there are buttons for "frontier - wilderness"/"frontier - nether" etc at the moment.

However, from what Chickeneer says, it sounds like this wouldn't be too easy.

I wasn't aware of how /map worked when I posted, so there is a work-around. For the moment, I think just having any relevant 1m spawns saved in our browser as a favourite is the way to go, as this saves having to log in to EMC every time and then going to the correct location.

If at any point someone thinks of a more elegant solution that would work though, then great!