{Suggestion} A couple suggestions.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by OhMiku, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Firstly, make it so that when right clicking a dirt destroying ticking tock it gives the link "pmss.emc.gs" and "click this to start a PM to redeem" in chat for you. Similar to what supporter vouchers do for the redemption form.

Secondly, nerf enraged creepers. Their final explosion on death is meant to be powerful, but not un-survivable. The explosion is enough to kill someone in full prot 4 diamond armour, whilst they have a few absorption hearts. Mainly a grumble about Mob Arena.

Leave feedback kthxbai.
    Ryan_A_, Tuqueque, EmpireMall and 3 others like this.
  2. I'm going +0 on the DDTT option because yeah... it would also disallow me to whack mobs over the head with it, which I sometimes do to inform 'm that it's time to get a move on :D

Use a shield.

Aya fought one earlier today (I may, or may not, have known about it when I said something like 'ladies first' :D) and well, she did, it came down the stairs and in the end this happened. HUGE explosion almost killed me (I was standing too close) but Aya was decently fine behind her shield. She took some damage, but she still survived.

As of 1.11.2 creeper explosions are fully blocked by a shield and although I'm not 100% sure I did get the impression that the same applied to the enraged creeper.
    Rundercaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. Unless you attack by right clicking then this isn't a problem you would face.

Ever played mob arena? You don't have time to stand still with a shield.
    Tuqueque, EmpireMall and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Although that maybe true your suggestion was aimed at the enraged creeper in general, and in the wilderness I can't help wonder if such a change wouldn't make the enraged creeper much too easy.

Maybe you could limit your suggestion to the mob arena only?
  5. In the Wild it isn't so much of a problem, due to your ability to move more freely from it or just not touch it
    In Mob Arena, I see their point- it's way too hard to survive and given an upwards of 4 of the enraged can be in play at once, it'd be fair to nerf them a bit.

As for DDTT, this should be a thing
  6. +1, DDTTs should also be re-textured to look like pizzas
  7. OP edited.
    EmpireMall and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Have you tried using Blast Protection?

Generic Protection is not meant to be better than the subcategories. It is actually purposely weaker than all of the other protection variants. By nerfing enraged creepers, even just in the mob arena, would allow a Protection set to be all that you need. It should take more than one strategy to win mob arena every time, including armor strategies. I have seen people in the past bring full sets of each armor type.

Also, speaking of strategies, having watched you compete in mob arena yesterday (I am not sure you noticed me, you seemed to ignore my love), I can't help but think that you want this change because of one of the strategies you use. It is normal for people to avoid all mobs, but I have seen that you take a certain liking to use your armor to your advantage. You use your perfect armor to lure mobs over to other players, usually ones that explode, and use their area of affect attacks to kill other players. I don't really consider that a fair tactic myself, but that is not up to me. Asking for the one mob that can blow through your armor to be nerfed though does stand out to me as trying to cheat the system by playing the victim.

607, Roslyn and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. I don't lure mobs to anyone. Except when mobs are purposely being set on me and no one else *cough Cami cough*

Also you don't seem to understand exactly what the mob arena is. I'm not going to explain it to you here because frankly I don't want to.

And you -1'd only my second suggestion. By any chance did you want to comment on the first one or just this one?
    EmpireMall and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. @me same
    Ryan_A_, JohnKid and Rundercaster like this.
  11. +1 on both my guy
  12. I saw mobs placed on other players, which killed those players, then the mobs targeted you. You ran around for a while and then tried to use the mobs against the other players. Every time mobs targeted you, you would use them (successfully or not) to try and kill the other players. Again, as I said before, I don't think enraged creepers because then they will just be used to kill other players.

I do understand mob arena. I almost got a stack of bedrock out of its creation. I said though that I didn't consider using mobs to kill other players to be fair. The point of mob arena is to fight and survive against waves of mobs. While it doesn't explicitly say you can't use mobs to kill the other contestants/competitors, its not intended to.

So, given the above, I am against this and I don't think this will benefit anyone except those who can afford the absolute best armor (ie not the majority of players).

I do not have an opinion on the DDTT suggestion because I don't use them.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I don't really have an opinion on either of these suggestions, but I think they would've been better off in seperate threads. These suggestions aren't related to each other, and that way the subject would be clear without having to open the thread.
    Rundercaster and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. ..

I've used mobs to kill other people _once_. And surprise surprise, that was when I had mobs put on me and no one else did.

The suggestion is not to benefit
    because guess what, anyone can die from it. Enraged creeper explosions used to be survivable, they aren't any more.

Also, don't try and back up your argument with what you think someone else does from watching them do something once. It never works in your favour.
    EmpireMall likes this.
  15. Most players are perfectly capable of acquiring god armor.
    Rundercaster likes this.
  16. You tried it several times, it only worked once. You had mobs put on you for entertainment reasons and to make you work a little since you came kitted up but most others didn't. The event stops being fun for those competing and those watching when only one (or a few) person wins, hence why you were the priority target.
    Which is why they are just fine right now. What you are suggesting makes it so that only the best kitted players can survive, which only makes it easier to use them against other players.
    Not think, observed. There is a difference. I have a question for you. How does nerfing enraged creep explosions benefit the average player? If it doesn't benefit them, who does benefit from it? Why are those players prioritized?
    You are correct, but most players cannot afford to lose these items. The opportunity cost includes time spent getting these items (and things like potions, food, exp bottles, etc) and also the likelihood of losing them.
  17. ...

You're making less and less sense. You're saying that it's OK for all the mobs to be purposely put on me, but it's not OK for me to make the round end,
    like those other players, I don't want to lose my items, so excuse me if I try to make the round end so my stuff isn't broken/lost whilst everyone else gets to sit by and watch.
    Most of the time the "best kitted" players are going to win. This doesn't change that. In fact, making it less powerful means people with less "kitted" stuff are going to have a higher chance of surviving.
    What you _think_ you saw is not an observation. From reading this it's very clear that you easily mistook running past other people to try and get away from mobs as trying to kill them. It benefits people that go out in the wild and guess what, not everyone who wears this armour which you think makes you the best player on EMC is capable of completely killing an enraged creeper before it explodes. Putting in the work to fight them then losing your stuff is still an issue, in the mob arena or not. You are basing all of your evidence on not having this done on watching me play mob arena.
    Ryan_A_, Tuqueque and EmpireMall like this.
  18. Why should they be playing mob arena with it then? Or using it ANYWHERE for that matter. There's a reason this stuff isn't soulbound. If you die in the wild with it, you lose it or you go back and get it.
    Rundercaster likes this.
  19. +1 for both
    EmpireMall and Rundercaster like this.
  20. +1 for ddtt

-1 for enraged creeper nerfing
    Theres this thing called running when its gonna use its final attack, abd a preacious item called a bow and arrow

As sheluser said, sheilds help too.