[Suggestion] 24 hours of non supporter global chat for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PetezzaDawg, Aug 21, 2016.

1. -1 right now, +1 if tutorial would explain this

sorry to ruin the fun, but i see a big problem here. when new players enter the frontier and play, when they log on tomorrow they can't chat, wonder what happened, and never come back.

while i do really like the option to give iron supporter for a day, it needs to be explained in the tutorial that they can chat globally for 24 hours, and after that it's gone.

the tutorial also must put the option to go to town front and center when new players finish the tutorial. it is vital that they learn the residence system and all of it's positives and it's negatives. the frontier is important, but the economy on emc is a crucial thing for new players to know about, be a part of, and enjoy about emc.

i know this is only like sorta-related, but we also really need to tell new players that they can force claim a residence within 3 hours of log in. i've been here since feb. 2012, and i didn't even know that.
  2. This would actually be semi-solved by the idea that I proposed of giving them a message every so often letting them know that they only have a day of free global chat. :D
  3. We as players would also remind them that chat would only be in town after 24 maybe even extend it to 48 hours giving that they will play but may not come back for 12 or so hours. By helping players realize they chat from anywhere to town and knowing that their time will be up will give them a taste of supportership. We as players will remind yes your time is limited to do this but if you stay and play you can buy that back with in game money. I wouldn't be surprised if a rise in supporter sales increased from this with real money.

I feel this option would encourage new players to stay longer and get addicted like the rest of us. Being able to talk a player out of the frontier would make them feel the support EMC truly has. Or if they get lost, being able to go get them and have them follow you back to safety would produce the same effect. They would get the feeling of family that EMC is.

This needs to be a thing!!

+10
  4. This idea needs to be resurrected it is a GREAT idea still staff please implement
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Not Really a +1 but, I do think kind of like res/group/town chats, they could have a "newb" chat or more appropriately a "N" for "new users". Honestly i would just say to invite them to a group and group chat with the said user.

edit: didnt know the thread was grave-dug. Would still agree with the 24 hour in wild/waste chatting. With notices saying that after 24 hours town chat is only available in the town.
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  6. I know this is old, but giving it a bump, as staff never gave an official response even though this is pretty old
  7. The Suggestion Box

Forum where players can submit suggestions for the community to give feedback and where the staff/developers can view player suggestions for inspiration.
  8. I like it. Or maybe a month.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. +100

Good idea =p
  10. Thats whit i was thinking, theyre still on the newbie list for 1 month :p

Then again its a full fledged free iron supporter rank xD
  11. Not quite, iron gets a colored name, plus rupee bonus, and I think a reserved slot on the server. This new player thing would only grant them free global chat for a day, or maybe a month as Pepper suggested.
    607 likes this.
  12. GLOBAL CHAT,

GLOBAL CHAT

GLOBAL CHAT,

ShelLuser likes this.
  13. It takes some time to meet people and get adjusted so I suggested a month. I'm still learning stuff about EMC. Maybe we can think of something new to give supporters in exchange for making the community closer?
  14. I think this should be a 72 hour thing because some people join leave and come back some days later!!!
  15. Wow good suggestion Pete! This definitely would have helped me when I went to the Wild and got lost on my first day lol +1
  16. maybe also switching the placement of the portals in the tutorial? I dont think people look where they are going and instead of going left to town they head straight to the frontier portal infront of you and get lost.
    PeculiarPotato and 607 like this.
  17. Bump, rise my pretty
    Ryan_A_ likes this.