[SUGGESTION] 1v1 pvp arenas

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by XxfailmuchxX, May 19, 2015.

1. Have you tried head farming and with a tall tower and a bed. I think that the pvp arenas should be just that - pvp arenas. head farming can be done somewhere else.
  2. This doesn't give you your head very often. PVP is 100% of the time. The areas can be left alone. It would be something as simple as a tiny room off to the side.
  3. A simple idea I had would be to have group invited pvp while in the pvp area. You could have different groups of pvp'ers in the same arena, but only "challenged" players can damage/influence each other in pvp. Non-invited players could only fight each other, but as soon a player is invited (or challenged and accepts) then other groups and non-invited pvp'ers cannot interact.

Unsure about cool down features or swapping groups mid-fight, though...
    XxfailmuchxX and ThaKloned like this.
  4. That was one big sentence. Phew. like the idea though :p
    XxfailmuchxX likes this.
  5. I have your back.
    Chief_McCloud likes this.
  6. ya i never had typing class so don't mind that.
    Chief_McCloud likes this.
  7. More PvP is always good... +1
  8. I'll do +0 for this, pvp is not for farming heads. Heads are supposed to be a token or reward of some sort. Not something that (IMO) should be sold and bought with no second thought. But if I were to be farming heads, I'd do it in the Fair Fight Arenas. Those are basically the empty parking lot that no body ever notices because it's too dull or boring.

You know, on Black Friday when you find a parking space right next to an open window that you can just jump through. :rolleyes:

Edit; that probably made no sense. But I've been typing a project for the last 2~3 hours. That isn't the best time to rant.
    TigerstarMC and tuqueque like this.
  9. its not ment to farm heads. its ment to be able to have arenas to where you can have fun and not have someone jump in and kill you while you and a friend are having fun.
  10. basically just so people cant just hop in and say oh hmm I want his or her head and kill them and not have the respect to ask before doing so^.
  11. *cough cough* /ps then turn off player head drop.
    Sorry, anybody got a cough drop?
  12. I think the PVP arenas are MEANT to be used for player fun, whether that means fighting or head farming. It's just a tool for us to have more fun.
    XxfailmuchxX likes this.
  13. im just saying with this me and a friend or more can do battles and not worry about people we don't want in getting in sometimes its nice to battle someone 1v1 winner gets the others head so that kind of ruins the fun if you turn heads off since most players don't want a lot of heads everywhere. pretty much it will just keep others from being able to join in ur fight and "snipe" ur head or ruin a fight with friends. hope this sums it up a little better :)
  14. +1

i just had a 1v1 fight with someone today, full-on armor, ham hackers and bows and then someone decided they needed to take the last swing at me.
    Bummer. I much rather would have been killed by the guy i was 1v1-ing. And i didnt even have my head drops on.
    But the guy i was 1v1ing was someone i met by chance, so i suggest that we are able to do impromptu friendly duels. There doesnt have to be any reward system (except the toggled head drops). This just adds to the fun and possibilities of pvp and negates the possibly of interference.

Edit: so, while in pvp and meeting someone you wanna duel, you could type /duel [name] and it sends a request. If the request is accepted via /duelaccept, the two players are teleported into their own little room thingy. Not bare, but with a little terrain so it's like a mini pvp-arena. There can be pre-set rooms for these and duelers will be teleported into a random room.

To prevent this from being a method of spamming, auto-declining duel requests can be added under the /ps options.

I'd love to see this happen :D
  15. Great Idea! +1
  16. Kinda missed the point of the thread, no? He said he wanted to give the head to the person pvp-ing him and that someone sniped it. Meaning that someone stole the head when asked to let him pvp in peace.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. I still stand my ground on my previous post;
  18. lol stand your ground all you want fair is not fair because you can still team ;) and take items into the arena if you wished. Is it more hidden, yes but not foolproof. As for farming heads. I sometimes give em to friends just as xxfailmuchxx has done and if someone stole 1 of the 6 heads that exist, i would personally be pretty ticked off as well.
    At that point 1v1 is needed unless they create a /create head command or something :p.
    XxfailmuchxX likes this.