Suggest a Guide

Discussion in 'Official Empire Guides' started by JackBiggin, May 19, 2013.

1. It's written but we're making daily additions so just giving it to Justin but then having to get him to edit more stuff in would be a massive pain for him, so maybe a week-week and a half. :)

Or when it's ready, that works too O.O
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. Yeah I liked the first explanation better :p Good to see it will be coming soon! :)
  3. IDK if this is the place but since it the first thread I saw by JackBiggin I just wanted to congratulate you and AlexChance on becoming moderators! I've never talked to either of you but I see you everywhere on the forums.
    Good luck and congrats!
    brickstrike and AlexChance like this.
  4. a guide on how to start a successful wild outpost
    MVPworldseries likes this.
  5. A guide to the history of EMC. Something that mentions all the famous issues and players, from Dark_Liz to the Delta Team, from the start of EMC to the addition of Momentus. Everything! I would love a guide such as this and hope that somebody with the ambition and knowledge to conquer such a task does indeed accept this challenge. I could offer what little knowledge I have, if needed. :)
    CoolCal14 and cddm95ace like this.
  6. Not so much a guide, but I am all for it, and I think it should be in the guide anyway. I can also contribute a few lesser known stories, such as the Dragon Eggs.
    brickstrike likes this.
  7. we need a guide for starting a successful wild outpost, because many outposts i've been in, 3 out of four, have failed while I was in them
  8. there actually is a guide for that idr where but i read it before i started mine
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. A guide on how to deal with being permabanned: From a simple ban appeal, to crying on your couch eating ice cream and watching soap operas in French!

"Your life might be over, but its OK; you can learn from your mistakes and get a second chance! Sure, everything that you have ever owned on the server and every single trace of existence that you had on the server may be gone forever, forcing you into a depressed state of mind, later resulting in a rage quit of the century; but hey, at least you get sometime to think it over with your friends, talk to them once more (unless you know them elsewhere), and maybe even prevent that rage quit (if possible). Worst comes to worst, you get the chance to run around on the server making a fool of yourself until you get rebanned, but that's not too bad, is it? Think of it this way, you get a free "Second Chance" book, signed by the empire! Can you even imagine how much that will go for? (well, not that it matters; after you lose all of your possessions, you'll take what you can get)" XD

Shady manatee says: always look at teh bright side 'a' things, where it aint shady enough 4 shady manatee to live
    CoolCal14 likes this.
  10. How to Deal with Being Permabanned
    1. Cry
    2. Bye
  11. Such a guide would be called "How to make an Irregular Biosphere." Yes, I could make a guide, but I do not have the algorithm to create new biosphere templates. Alas, I would only be able to write a guide for a 60x60 biosphere!
  12. I need something 60x60 that won't look ugly for my res sky above the skyblock maze.So that would be perfect
  13. A biosphere would cast a lot-wide shadow. Also, a biosphere is an immense amount of work.
    Remember, our biospheres are not built using the traditional biosphere blueprint.
    Maybe, just maybe, I will create a guide.
  14. Considering non-irregular sphere can be any shape :3 ... here's one for you that i made on the basis of a torus-sphere.

Step 1: Get SingleplayerCommandsMod or WorldEdit
    Step 2: Select the 60x60x60 //pos1 and //pos2 area
    Step 3: Type //generate stone (0.75-sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2^z^2 < 0.25^2

Step 4: Type //generate stone (0.75-sqrt(z^2+y^2))^2+x^2 < 0.25^2

Step 5: Type //generate stone (0.75-sqrt(x^2+x^2))^2+y^2 < 0.25^2

CoolCal14, mba2012 and SWATAHOLIC like this.
  15. Maybe something to show how hold in-game events and games properly?
  16. Forgive me, but I was making a reference to our biospheres not being of the "traditional" spherical blueprint. However, I have not heard of a torus-sphere before. It looks promising. I should build one.
  17. A... guide on how to have a successful business. I haven't seen any of these so far, but I might make it later this weekend if I have enough time to >.>
    gollark8 likes this.
  18. A guide based entirely on the amazing, enticing, and difficult dance move called the "Twerk". And explaining how it makes girls want to both slap you and kiss you at the same time. :p
  19. no