Strange immovable block stuck in my basement...is this some form of griefing?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Tiburok, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I returned to my little house out in the wilds of smp8 after a long time of playing on smp9 and doing school etc... and found that someone had blown up part of my basement and placed a redstone block there. I started rebuilding the basement and I tried to remove the redstone block and saw this message:

I promise that this is my house. It is part of a village that was organized long ago and it is waaaay out there. Behind this block there's a locked chest that I place way back when I built the house. I'm guessing whoever put this here was trying to blow up my chest or something. I don't know.

I'm not going to post more pics of the rest of the house for security reasons but suffice to say that it's very clear that I built it. It has a sign out front that says "Tib's House" and the rest of it is untouched. As a whole, the house is not griefed, I'm just perplexed by this red block.
    JesusPower2 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Contact a Staff member, preferably before rebuilding anything. They can examine the area and tell how things were damaged.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Finding a moderator in game is the best way to have this investigated. You can use the command /staff in game to tell you which smp a moderator is on.

Hope you get this resolved quickly!
    Daynsyy, Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.
  4. Apart from what has been said above: what you're experiencing is the anti-grief protection (I know it sounds ironic). Some specific blocks are automatically protected when placed outside town, no matter if you've been using /buildmode or not. And a redstone block, you probably guessed, is one of those.

I did a little investigating (minor) and this must have happened quite a long time ago. Because the player mentioned in your screenshot has been derelict for 122 days (time of writing). First sign on: 123 days ago.