Staff members.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by copherfield, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Cool :D

I think I saw it in action once.
    A guy was banned for xray. And another was banned for "working with xray cheater"
    :D
  2. I remember that one.
  3. If you are tired - go to bed... and dream about High-Minded people who speak what's on their mind. :)
  4. wonder who was the snitch :p
  5. Do you actually think it's smart to post pics in PUBLIC like this.... assuming you don't want to be BANNED yourself - I suggest you remove it now.

However, agree with you 100%. Knowing the cops are around and seeing them makes a big difference to some.
  6. From what I know about square.. it is an awesome tool for EMC but things like what copherfield posting ( pictures ) the chat logs aren't up to date.... it takes a while for the chat logs to update then! you can see them. Don't quote me but this is what I heard. I do think that having Moderators online is better then having square.
  7. I think our system is fine. Problem was taken care of.
    Squizzel_Boy and d1223m like this.
  8. I know it is lovely but my opinion is Moderators being online and being there to witness it completely is 100% better.
  9. And when we can somehow manipulate time or create cloning, we shall tackle that as well. I am sure Justin can program that. Until then square is amazing. I banned that guy from my phone while in bed.
  10. Well perhaps a more direct approach then.

We, at least I and a few, the players (usually the mature adults), don't feel the trouble makers are taken care of fast enough...

You are growning by what 5000 people in the last month... Community grows, it's police grow.. and the mayor's job get harder...

Neither of you two are in game much becasue you are on the backend keeping the new stuff rolling. I for one have been on the streets for a while now... and my inability to shoot the bad guys irks me to no end.
  11. /ignore is a great bad guy repelant. Also as stated a million times in other threads, we have a /report feature coming soon.
  12. If no mod is on your server you can always just send a PM to one you see online on the front page of the site. I think we all check our emails often.

(Also if your on a server with a mod and they dont reply...)
  13. wow winning lol and why don't you guys just do undercover Moderators or something...?
  14. i think some people have unrealistic expectations of moderator speediness. most MMO games I've played, are much slower than this. you have to file a ticket, then wait anywhere from 8 - 24 hours, to which they reply a copy and pasted a standard response.

i agree that before square it was a more common sight to see moderators online, because they're not in world with square, but I think that program actually allows them to do their job quicker, because they're less likely to be in tell-hell because someone like me wants to chat about the weather.

yes, ignore is good, it could use some work though - does it flush on a server restart? a few times people i've ignored are chatting again the next day.
    GameKribJEREMY and JustinGuy like this.
  15. If you honestly want a server where a moderator is flying above each player with one finger on the ban button, this is the wrong place for you. I believe you will find we are better moderated than any other larger MC community. We constantly improve on this (such as the new community reporting feature coming). I am not sure where the expectation of having a moderator at your finger tips every second was even created. I can't think of a single game or community on the entire internet that has this sort of moderation, because it is simply unrealistic. Jeremy and I have been doing communities like this for a long time, and trust me making 100 new moderators would cause more problems than it would fix. Instead we are putting more power into the communities hands. /ignore is a powerful feature. If you really don't like people at all for the moment /ch leave t, is also a great feature. And the most extreme /ch off (I use this from time to time when building).
    HeyitsCourtney likes this.
  16. Thanks.
  17. Justin, please don't take that offensive position...
    All i want is a system where moderators moderate stuff, i mean, i agree is hard but something like this shouldnt happen, and i can't just keep /ignoring 4-5 players per day, that's not my work :S
    thanks, JEREMY solved it.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  18. One reason for this is many staff members play under alt accounts now, and just use square when they see a problem. This allows them to play and not be bombarded with whispers and requests ever second (it gets VERY tiring). Even I do this under a couple alt accounts, and it has greatly improved my experience. None of us (staff) get paid, we do this because we enjoy it, we are here to have fun just like everyone else. When you are signed in with a green or purple name it feels like a job and a task, not something done for enjoyment.
    d1223m, Twitch1 and apamment like this.
  19. I am not offended. I understand what some players want. I am just stating my position and why I think we are heading in the correct direction.
  20. How do you guys type such long responses in a short period of time!? lol :confused: