Staff members.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by copherfield, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Homofabulous
  2. Close enough.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  3. :O they're watching us from the skies! Everyone hide!
  4. As nice as that sounds, it's not realistic. I think we'd all like to have a moderator in all of our Call of Duty games AT ALL TIMES to kick the kids screaming racist terms or talking about how they had relations with our mothers, but instead they have a report system (as we will soon) that will handle situations like that. :)
    Green_Mystery and NurseKilljoy like this.
  5. wont this cause every 1 being reported. that seems like wat always happens.
  6. There should be a limit on how much a player can report. Like 3 players per 2 hours?
  7. What is this self moderation gonna be called?
    EMC got square.
    This is "circle" ?
    Or "cube" ?
    Oh no! The cube. Megatron gonna come steal it!!

I got square too :p
    Got more than 1 :D
    foursquare! XD
    thecontroller likes this.
  8. The 'self moderation' process will be simply an in game reporting process, that will send an alert to square to draw attention to an incident happening in-game. A moderator will then take action regarding the reported incident.
    If multiple people report on the same player/incident, it won't create multiple reports for the player, but will instead add to the existing report on the player, giving staff additional information regarding the incident.

All of this information will be explained fully when the reporting process is implemented, which shouldn't be too long now. :)
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  9. with a 10k member community... servers full everyday all day long... there's always a way to keep 1 moderator online every minute... do your research on playtime from ppl.. i know plenty that are ALWAYS on on their timezones... fact that 90% of our staff either lives in the same timezone or are NEVER online...

The report system will get rid of moderators?
    If not, why have 2 systems if you can make one be actually "good"

If we are requiring the report system... that means MODS are not doing their job... why pick em in first place... when there's a thread that CLEARLY states their duties...

Or worse yet... moderators are NOT being picked on the actual timezones needed... perhaps a lengthy research on moderator duties/playtimes should be started... who doesnt want a green name, diamond-like income, 1 residence PER server... w/o actually commiting to the job and performing it succesfully?

EDIT:
    For instance out of 7 servers including utopia, 177 players and ONLY 2 moderators?... shouldnt this time be prime time on some specific timezones?

why dont we pick moderators for THIS timezone to start with
  10. If they are not online... even on Prime time... what makes you think they'll be online in "square" to watch over us?...

the software/application/ w/e helps to monitor the rest of the servers when ONE is online and can actually do something....

But offline... it just doesnt
  11. Glad I read this - Thanx for the vote Bisc... but unless they J and J will take someone with strong opinions and the voice to share them - I'm a no :) FYI I may have been told this already.

Also of note - I DID NOT in any way ask this of you Bisc. but again thx... and for the brief pleasure of 'owning' a dragon egg.
  12. They can kick you from square. I guess. Even ban
    And watch chat. Once i saw a guy got kicked for spamming for pumpkin
  13. that makes my point... its helpful when they are online... but if they are not in-game probably are not on square either...
  14. I won't go into this in detail right now, as I'm kind of tired, haha. However, I will say, there's a difference with picking moderators 'just because they're online' and picking moderators that are right for the position. Adding to our moderation tools doesn't mean mods are not doing they're job. Our mods are doing their jobs just fine. There have been no reasonable complaints against any of our current moderators.

I know I'm a broken record with this, but please trust that we know what we're doing in this arena. We've done it for years and have gotten it down to a science for what works and what doesn't. ;)
  15. This is completely incorrect and quite the opposite, actually.
  16. Whereas I agree with you on a lot RaN - this is not the way I would express it...

Praise in Public
    Punish in Private

No system will be perfect...
    No system will always work..

Whereas I agree more Green should be around - there are other options... I respect that J and J are taking charge and doing what's 'right' - I don't agree with all... Will never agree with all.. but watch the line that you wish to cross.
  17. oh, hold on im not punishing, just saying what i see, and how i see it isnt this either way a sane, polite discussion?
  18. Is square on pc/mac or mobile apps?
    Twitch1 likes this.
  19. It's an online tool. We access it via a website url. It works with mobile as well. I've actually gotten reports of people causing issues while I was out shopping and was able to take care of it. ;)
    Twitch1 likes this.