Sorry no longer accepting direct private messages

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. For the most part, all the mods are able to help with any situation. If they aren't able to, they'll bump it up the line to someone who can. :)
  2. So right Leo... It is a HUGE shame that so many people are not smart enough to realize how to properly use the chain of command while making complaints.

I seriously doubt Justin wants to shut himself off from the community in this way, but to many people make it so that he has to.
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  3. As always in life, a few bad seeds ruin things for the majority. Same pattern everywhere.
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  4. (which in the case it's only Shaun or you :/)
    Twitch1 For Senior Moderator!!! :p

Anyways---
    I think that Justin diserves a break, maybe 7 days off EMC, just letting all the work to Jeremy and just using those valuable hours on what is most important: his family ;)
    After that, maybe it's Jeremy's turn xD
    Twitch1 and vividOptimism like this.
  5. Justin needs a secretary. xD
  6. Why do I feel that this is the start of the end?
  7. I don't really have a family yet, so I don't need a break. Throw everything at me, I got this. :p
    hayleycolgan, Yukon1200 and ISMOOCH like this.
  8. I have no idea what you mean? We've barely even gotten started yet! The reason for this is so we can super charge what we've already done even more. :)
    hayleycolgan, Yukon1200 and ISMOOCH like this.
  9. You finished my sentence, the start of the end of "first gear" now we super charge into 6th gear! This place is going to become a heck of a lot more awesome!

I think ya'll mis interpreted my comment XD
  10. lol yeah iv sent Justin and Jeremy lots of messages in the past usually over important things a few times over griefer stuff (I should have known to just message a mod but some of them back then I rarely ever saw on). But each time I did it, I knew that I was taking up some of his time since I kinda already knew he was getting lots of messages already since I know hes pretty popular. It was nice hearing back from him at times :D

I did regret sending some messages though since I realized afterwords that the answer was here or there or that it wasn't as important.

But yeah its just like some of my more famous of friends who get probably thousands of messages and comments on sites and I know if I didn't know them as well as I do they probably would never see my comment unless they devoted a few days time just to go through and look at each one and I probably wouldn't get a reply back from them. It stinks the more popular you become the more messages you get and the less time you have to devote to talking to some people.

As well as getting the occasional spam messages.

I figured it wouldn't be long before Justin and Jeremy would have to turn off PM's. Just cause of the fact they probably get asked the same questions everyday like iv state in another topic about new players "how do I claim a res?" "how do I get daily rupees?" ect.
  11. Because... I'm... IRON MAAANNN!!!!
    SecretAznEks, IcecreamCow and ISMOOCH like this.
  12. Well, you won't have to worry about me ever turning them off. That's my ROLE here at EMC. Justin's primary role is and always has been programming and development and mine has always been Community Management. Until now, Justin was able to dabble in both because we weren't as big, but now that we are (and still growing at a crazy speed) he needs all the time he can get to focus on the development/programming part. The only issue you might run into with me in terms of messages is I might not be AS fast answering them as they pile up. I always have done my best to answer them as immediately as I can, and most here can probably vouch for that. However, I tend to never let them go past 24 hours if I can help it, without at least a response letting them know what's up.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  13. He got a bunch, he calls them moderators.
  14. Justin have the most important task in the Empire: making it the best of the best, so give him a break so he can improve the fun we have in the Empire.

Keep up the good work Justin :)
  15. No of course not, any staff member can add me to a conversation at any time :)

lol dont worry I am not going into hiding ;)

ISMOOCH likes this.

16. Lucky7777 said:

Justin have the most important task in the Empire: making it the best of the best, so give him a break so he can improve the fun we have in the Empire.

Keep up the good work Justin

Thanks

SEE I knew it....

Justin HAVE --- now I know from talking with 'them' before that 'it' is smart and a stickler for grammar...

The fact that 'they' said thanks to this verb usage confirms my suspicions that Justin is in fact multiple robots and they are down for yearly maintenance.
    ISMOOCH and Leowaste like this.
  17. Welcome to a month ago...
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  18. Duh
  19. What else is new?
  20. Delegate. Make a way for players to email "staff" - to a queue, that several people can deal with.

Empire is becoming a victim of it's own success; it's popular, so it needs to scale up.

You're making lots from it; so spend a little on a couple of people to filter out the crap.