Something that has been bothering me for a while

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by bat192a, Jan 10, 2013.

?

DO you think open pvp should be allowed in the wild?

Yes,wild is surviving against mobs AND others 6 vote(s) 10.3%
No, i like it the way it is 52 vote(s) 89.7%
  1. hmmm pvp, people killing themself, stealing their stuff, nagging about they where tricked or something, fear of going to the wild cus maybe players can be waiting to kill them, maybe some rules broken, threads about REMOVE TEH PVP ISH BAD RAWR" or "TODAY MR_SQUASH123 ATTACK ME ITS UNFAIR CUS I WAS GETTING SODA GRRRR", sounds like a bad idea for me :/
  2. how bout a pvp world,regular world,and pvp nether and,normal nether
  3. Maybe they could finish that PvP project Aikar was working on...
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Or just, either go on a PvP server or wait? Because there is no point having another world, it will only fill up more server space to get a nice big world, why do you think they put a limiter on /town?
    IamSaj, penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  5. Aikar has a project, so you can wait for that and our lust for murder will be sated. I actually agree with the fact that, when you're making a decent living in the wild then someone comes along and loots the hell out of your place, then sets it alight (hypothetically; I haven't witnessed this) and all you can do is gawp at the infiltrator and type /report. That hardly mitigates the present situation, does it? A possible way around this is a similar system to the flags in the town: when the dragon eggs have protected a swathe of land, the owner of said egg can set permissions for say, PvP, building, etc. Either way, I've read most of the replies to the OP's question, and you're all really rather harsh and quick to put down suggestions, aren't you? It's called the suggestion box for a reason and y'all goin' nuts. Not everyone has all the indepth knowledge as you. Yes, you.
  6. Even though my comrades and I would have the overall advantage at our wild base, I don't want PvP. This guy, fd_v_sk1lls, once nabbed me when I was heading to a grinder. He had the foresight of logging off before I returned to where I died with iSmooch.
  7. The downside with PvP is that no one will ever mine in the wild again. Imagine you spent hours mining. You got valuable stuff, you're a few blocks away from the safezone and: Pow! Arrow to the face and your well-spent (or wasted, depends)time and your resources are gone. It will create anger, disputes, rants, swearing people and an increase in bans. In short: nothing that improves the community.

Furthermore, if no one will mine for resources:
    1. Player run shops will not be filled, except for wood, stone from stonegens and farming supplies
    2. If they run out, EMC shop will be the only place to go
    3. Economy ruined, and this time Aikar won't be the one to blame

The whole reason I love EMC is that we're all put in a team, rather than against each others. Instead of fights, we have full-scale mining operations forming amongst ourselves. That's what I like. Teamwork.
  8. Not they, Aikar. And he's working on it atm I believe.
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  9. Just wait for Dystopia
  10. IamSaj likes this.
  11. Cool