Some people are just...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SillyWhiteMage, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I always hate these topics. I hate how people always play the religion card. Homosexuals are people just like everyone else. You can't help who you have feelings for. If actions are learned, then why didn't I turn out like my dad? He's the best dad I could ever ask for but as soon as it comes to homosexuality he's harping on it making horrible comments. I on the other hand accept them and am all for them being together and married and whatnot. I don't agree that "it's a learned way of life, we only allow it because evil people allow it to happen." I hate how people of the LGBT community get treated.
  2. You don't know that I wouldn't listen. I'm rather interested in how people think. Religion is an interesting subject that has quite a few different effects on people.

Just because you believe in something, doesn't mean you can't be open to the beliefs of others.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  3. Someone I care about being friends with on this server has asked me to back away from this thread so out of respect of our friendship I am retracting from this conversation.
    Zebrafishcat
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  4. So it is only a option of those who partake in it? I'm really trying to understand the logic behind this. It is something I can never seem to get a response that fits.
  5. Shoot them liberal gay pedos for America.
    Rick Perry 2012
    Rick-Perry-Guns.jpg

Seriously, though, I kind of think the guy would have made a stronger point in his arguments if he separated the religion out of them. Feels like his arguments are based around how religious deity A loves B. Shaky ground there. though of course, the religious will obviously disagree and see nothing wrong with it.

But then, I might just be a liberal and quite obviously needs to be shot in the name of a certain religious deity.

In the meantime, I'll just continue being a non-master-race hate spreading atheist liberal terrorist. and keep loving my sickeningly forbidden loli yaoi/yuri articles and media of ultimate damning untill the day I drop down to the naughty land of certain religious beliefs.
  6. Then can someone else explain it to me how it is a choice?
  7. Omeletrice I love you. Take that any way you like xD haha
    SillyWhiteMage likes this.
  8. I personally believe that for some it's a choice and for some it is natural.
    My question is why is it wrong either way?
    I'm interested in answers that are not based on religion.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  9. Indirectly insulting those who believe in God or Religion goes against the "don't bash others" rule. I have a feeling I'm going to have to shut this thread down pretty early...
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  10. Here's an example:

27793075.jpg
    I hope your smile♂ will be even more beautiful tomorrow♂. -Lios♂

To hit♂ or not to hit, That is the question.
    SillyWhiteMage likes this.
  11. Why shut it down because of that? The rest is rather good conversation.
  12. I know how these things go...give it time.
    Cypher_Rahl and PandasEatRamen like this.
  13. Yes most of these threads do go downhill, but I hope to have some more decent replies before that.
  14. It's been surprisingly calm for a thread like this...

There's one thing that I really haven't seen in this thread yet.

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

First, let me ask you, what are the most important political, cultural, etc, issues at the moment? Remember what you thought of.

Does it really effect you? When was the last time the fact that someone was gay hurt you in some way? I know, I know, I'm sure you can probably come up with something reasonable, that I'm sure I won't agree with, and rather than get into an argument about that, I'll say this: In less than 10 years, the deaths resulting from the Iraq war number over 100,000. The number of dead from the Japanese earthquake not long ago is over 15,000. The number of annual heart disease deaths is over 600,000. If you're more worried about the gay couple living across the street than these things, I don't understand you. Everyone is up in arms about how "wrong" being gay is. What about the 15,000 dead in Japan? Where are the people crying out for the US government to do something about that? What about the half a MILLION deaths every year from heart disease? Where are the people who care so much about that?

Why is it that people care enough about taking rights away from gay people that they'll ignore half a million deaths? I don't understand people :( Don't think I ever will.
    SecretAznEks and SillyWhiteMage like this.
  15. I simply believe that using your religion as an excuse to restrict the rights of any single group of people is wrong no matter how you look at it.
  16. It is a learned condition. Violence is everywhere, death is a normal part of life. Sadly, though I'm still lost on how sex became worse then violence in the first place.
    Pab10S and JabrZer0 like this.
  17. Okay, fair enough, I apologize, and I have edited my post. Please allow the thread to continue. Feel free to modify the quote as well, as I would really like to hear opinions on why this is wrong.
  18. Unfortunately, everyone seems to think THEY'RE the chosen people. Everyone's been sure. So why you?

Me personally? I'm not sure what to believe about religion. Just don't tell me you're sure that you've got it right unless you can prove it to me.
    Cypher_Rahl, Omeletrice and LZBZ_DW like this.
  19. Disclaimer: This post may not be entirely on the current topic as it took me a really long time to figure out how exactly to word my feelings in a way that wouldn't be terribly offensive.

I think the Bible has some pretty good tips for being a decent human being, however, I do not believe people should go to such extremes as to try to convert people that have no desire to be "saved." My biggest concern is that people aren't forming their own opinions or thinking for themselves, rather, they are simply thinking what they were raised to think.
  20. To be perfectly honest, I think homosexuality is unnatural and defies the logical course of evolution, but everyone has the right to do whatever they want and I can't and won't protest that. I respect others' beliefs, ideals and choices, but I don't appreciate people who try to project their beliefs onto others and who consider their way of life to be the correct one.

Until recently I called myself an atheist, since that's what I understood to be someone who doesn't believe in a god or the idea of religion. However, I came to realize that atheism is essentially a anti-theism institution, a group of people who are actively involved in swaying people away from their beliefs. I don't respect that. Instead, I will call myself agnostic, since I do not believe in a higher power but I can't prove nor deny the possibility that one exists.

zanderboy and Kenokam like this.