So how do i do this?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by salmjd, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Hey folks! So I wanted to know EXACTLY what you have to do to make an outpost in the wild. Some specific questions I have are how do I know if my outpost is 3000 blocks away? How do I go there after returning to town? Do I have to make it an outpost, or can I live like nomad? And how do you make a lock chest again? But other than that, tell me EVERYTHING.
    Thanks! :)
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  2. PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. xHaro is 100% right (I'm not surprised of course! ;))
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  4. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/established-outposts/
    This page should explain everything you need to know about establishing an outpost.
    You need to take a look around to see if there are any established outposts.
    We currently don't have any way of teleporting from outpost to town & vice versa, so you need to walk. A lot.
    You don't HAVE to make it an outpost, but you get a lot of extra perks if it's established, which you can see on the wiki page I sent you.
    For the locked chest, just place a sign above it with Lock on the first line. It will charge you 1000 rupees per lock.
    SoulPunisher, kevmeup and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Pretty much if you're within 1000 from EMC outpost and you have built anything interesting, theres a good chance you'll get griefed within 2 months (or 2 days if you're right at spawn). So if you care about your stuff or who builds around you, you'll want to find a place pretty far out. From there it's just a bit more work to go out 5k+, find a spot away from others and establish an outpost. If you need any help or tips, let me know. Glad to see people getting out there :)