SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I believe friendypig did help but I wasn't out at the gold farm at the time so I don't know what she helped on

and also I did go down in a cave and torched it :p
    Sachrock, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. I'd never been here until today, and I am quite sorry that I haven't. This is absolutely amazing! :D Thanks so much to everyone who put effort and time into this, as never have I seen such an easy to access group of public wilderness farms as these. You are all fantastic! :D
    Tuqueque, EnderMagic1, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  3. You forgot me again. :p The final product looks fantastic! :)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. Fixed the thanks and thank you all for letting me know where I goofed. I have the memory of a rotten tomato anymore lol :D

We are open early! Come enjoy everyone :D
    Tuqueque and Kytula like this.
  5. A certain Caden paid a visit tonight. A wonderful build, thanks to the wonderful farm-designers of SMP8. :)
  6. I really like the design on the new gold farm. Good job, everyone! :)
  7. Pigmentus grand opening, thank you all for coming out! :D
    Tuqueque, Kytula, DubChef and 3 others like this.
  8. I am just shocked on how quickly we made the farm and had it up and running :D
    Tuqueque, Kytula and khixan like this.
  9. Wish i could have been there for the grand opening
    Tuqueque, Kytula and khixan like this.
  10. You forgot me with obsidian
  11. Thank you Ben, I edited it to fix! :D
    Tuqueque and BenMA like this.
  12. Alrighty, thankz!
  13. First, you said Pigmentus....don't give Aikar and MrSocks too many ideas....

Second, thanks khixan for all the hard work. You are pretty awesome and I can't believe you remembered all the details about how everyone helped out! And thank you to everyone who did help out. It looks amazing and functions out of this world. Like literally....portals to another world...sorry. Lame humor.

Third, very important detail to help smooth operations:

Keep the 1 dedicated villager functioning.

Here's how:
    You have to trade 2 things 5 times each to keep everything unlocked. If it is still locked, then trade something else.

You don't need to trade gold: first trade as much rotten flesh as you can for emeralds. Second, trade emeralds for lapis to keep the enchanting table working. This will keep him open for all trades unless one of the trades locks up with too few trades. If it's not able to unlock (because of less than 5 trades of one item) then trade for some glowstone or redstone dust to make up the difference. This will keep him happy and opened up.

If anyone wants extra credit....make a better villager. An ideal cleric would trade 36 flesh for 1 emerald and 1 emerald for 2 lapis.

There's my two cents...Chum out.
  14. I blame the awesomeness of Chris' statue for Pigmentus lol :D He truly outdid himself on that!
    Tuqueque, ChrisFlareon and Kytula like this.
  15. That's It!, I'm moving to smp8 *Calls the moving van*
    Kephras, tuqueque, Codygraw and 2 others like this.
  16. None of you seem to care about me and my doings with these gold farms, I try to make everything nice and the only thank you I get is from khixan. I am done helping around these utilities, none of you care, so why do I even try. Don't beg me to come back, and if you like this I know you must hate me so much. I am done, don't even try to make me come back here. Bye forever,
    -Person No one cares about
    [EDIT] I am sorry for whoever was saddened about this post. and yes I have read everyone's reactions to this post, and I know. I really need to take a break. Very much. But right now I am very sorry for what has happened or if anyone still likes me as a friend or something. And I will stay on the team. This time I will just turn chat off if anyone makes me mad or something. Trust me you will know. Then you can mock me later on the forums. Then I will leave the convo. You know me :p
    tuqueque likes this.
  17. There is ZERO need for this, if you have a problem with an individual or multiple individuals you need to approach them in private like a mature person would.

Second, if you do something just for recognition, you deserve just what you got. Erektus and I have spent around 30,000 Rupees helping out with the gold farm and asked for nothing in return. Honestly, if you're going to leave over a small issue such as this then you obviously don't care about the help you gave to the utilities, so why should anyone else when all you do is constantly leave?
    Kytula, ScrOcraft, kaptrix and 2 others like this.
  18. I noticed that you said "Don't beg me to come back", and I'm not going to beg you to come back. Instead, I shall do something else.

We have all done our fair share of time on the Empire. We have all done things that people appreciate in that time. For example, I have run an event. Maybe some people came to the event, enjoyed it, then never said thanks. I have self-regulated myself to that. It's not your problem whether or not these people thank you - it's theirs. IMO, everyone appreciates everyone that contributed to this project (yourself included!). And yes, we all make mistakes. It's true. I've been banned before (one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made) so I understand what a mistake feels like. But, you just have to keep on moving forward - keep on pushing on through the storms and everything that comes along with it.

Although it may seem as if no one says thank you, whenever I hit one of those pigmen at the farm, I say thank you to whomever might have put the time and effort into making it possible. Sorry for the mini-rant. And, allow me to say it:

Thank you. :)

EDIT: The last thing I want to do with this thread is begin flaming, considering this thread is legitimately 100% about how we, as a community, can get together and build wonderful things that help others. So please, don't flame.
    Tuqueque, Kytula, CynicalStar and 3 others like this.

19. I don't see why you are complaining about this. Even if people don't thank you, people still think of it as a nice addition to what ever you are doing. Just be happy you are helping that person/group of people! :)
    Tuqueque, kaptrix and PenguinDJ like this.
  20. Literally Caden, I take my hat off to you on this one...I couldn't have worded it better myself :)