SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. don't jinx us
    Tuqueque and Huckleberry24 like this.
  2. ...okay...
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. It might not for a long time. A lot of people know about them. Only somebody who is Silly enough or wants to get banned will do it.
  4. I want fish armor
    Tuqueque, khixan and ChumMiner like this.
  5. FYI the iron farm doesn't appear to be working and I'm not sure why. I stood out there for 15+ minutes and no golems came. I don't see any obvious griefing and I can see villagers up there so if anyone knows how to fix it....
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. I think maybe people before you took iron from the iron farm. When I go to the farm there is usually some iron there and lots of flowers
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. hmmmmm....prismarine shards + crafting table = fish armor.

It would look like the armor from Zelda Twilight Princess. You know, the underwater armor. It would have super resistance to guardians, let you breathe a really long time under water and see really well, but would be really useless above water.

Anyone want to contact Mojang?
  8. i get that, but at least one golem should show up in 15 minutes right
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Hey wkramer,
    Pepper was working to fix the iron farm. It was griefed a few days ago pretty badly. I'm not sure what's up today with it, but I can hop on and take a look.

EDIT: ok I forgot I'm completely across at the other back end of the wild :/ I can't suicide at this moment to go check it out. We may have to wait for Peps to log in, sorry man.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. Hey all. I was experimenting with the slabs at /nether. Turns out there are quite a few wither spawns covered up by slabs. So removed them and will place them in areas not slabbed and producing nothing for us. It'll make the farm bigger so 2 people trying to use the place, doesn't kill spawning all together. I may post pics later if people are interested and if they actually turn up here. The light levels are like 0 after all. lol
    Tuqueque, Zrugite and khixan like this.
  11. If anyone needs help with any public SMP8 wild projects, I am willing to help out. I don't know what is all out there already, but I would be interested in building a public farm, near one of the main spawns, probably not north since it's largely water. Send me a pm if you want to coordinate something.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  12. Ocean Biomes = survival superflat worlds :D
    Tuqueque and NeedsFoodBadly like this.
  13. I blew my own mind when I realized something. Do you think we can get SS to help us move the iron farm into the protected area? No more griefing and it'd always work once we work out bugs. Think we can raise funds to convince SS to help us out? I need to go count how big the protected area is and see if the farm would even fit. But that'd be so cool. No more grief worries with one utility. Always reliable.
    Tuqueque and Zrugite like this.
  14. Probably will deny
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. Peps, it ain't gonna happen and if you think about it for a few, I think you'll see why.

Any idea why the iron farm stopped working? I was unable to make it out to Wild N from where I'm currently at and I don't have an alt. Thanks!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Eh doesnt hurt to ask. First we gotta finish it anyway. It isnt like there's anything in the protected area anyway other than water to swim through. Why not have something there that helps everyone (including staff who don't have to worry about grief reports)? I guess we would need to put an access sign on the chest so it'd work in the protected area if it happened.
    Tuqueque likes this.

17. Ditto, Shyguy, but here's why I think that:

The main reason is that the entitycount would be too high and the machine would cause constant lag by always constantly running and whatnot.

To elaborate further:
    People can still spawn chickens in the protected area (and animals will still spawn on protected area grass blocks/mycelium blocks), so even if SS *did* let you perform this action, you probably wouldn't get much out of it, considering animals in protected spawn can't be killed, and this means iron golems couldn't be killed, either. Thus, the Iron Golems would either 1. clog the machine because they would be unkillable, or 2. their spawn rates would be even more severly nerfed than they are now because of the entitycount preventing them from spawning -- and remember, the farm needs lots of villagers to help spawn the golems as well!

There's other technical reasons as well (example: chests needing special feature signs that work in Protected Area but also in the Frontier as if they were in Town so people could still get their iron), but I don't think this is something SS could agree to perform, and I'm pretty sure krysyy or Aikar know more technical reasons behind this than me. ^^;
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. Oh tartar sauce the killing. Of course. Unless there's some weird staff tool that lets killing occur in a glass chamber.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. We got 5 more cells we could do anyway so we could worry about this later.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Heya NeedsFoodBadly,

Thank you for the assistance offer! It is greatly appreciated :D Right now we are concentrating on gathering obsidian for the future overworld gold farm. We need 2 DCs of obsidian for that project plus all the trapdoors, and other misc building materials. There is a donation chest on my main res on smp8. I'm not putting that build team together until we have the materials because let's face it - obsidian mining is a pest. I'll add you to the list of people to plague once that is all together. If you want to mine and donate some obsidian, woot woot!

Thank you! :D
    Tuqueque and NeedsFoodBadly like this.