smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. mabey I am not sure xD
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  2. Well, if you are, feel free to pm me for any information! You can also ask any questions on the thread. :)
    zulu9 likes this.
  3. Cant screenshot on this, but its directly west of Yetti Town

No idea on the spaceship/tower, its been ages since i've left my outpost
    zulu9 likes this.
  4. Ooh, I remember now. That's Jakres' pet project. It's just a place where he was messing around with his building skills.
    zulu9 likes this.
  5. I remember talk of a grand library being built there, is that it?
    zulu9 likes this.
  6. As far as I know, no. I'm pretty sure Jakres was just having some fun building over there.
    zulu9 likes this.
  7. I want to go back to the LLO from town, could someone PM me the easiest way to get back out and co-ords for nether rail etc. I've been to the outpost a couple of times before but can't seem to find co-ords because it's been a long time since I've last been on smp7.
    zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  8. Head north out of the nether spawn and climb up the lava fall (it's still in the protected area so won't hurt you). at the top there should be a set of stairs down to the pathway. Just follow that for a while and it should be the first portal in the middle of the path. If you do really struggle, I can probably show you the way this weekend.

Welcome back btw :D
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken and penfoldex like this.
  9. lol i'm still getting these notifications
  10. wow LLO is still a thing.
  11. Ehhhhh, debatable. I'd say it's more of a dormant volcano at this point. Hopefully it'll blow up soon? Expect things...
  12. No wait, that's bannable /s
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken, Abele and 2 others like this.
  13. Happy 5 Years Old to this thread...
  14. Wow, five years on and it's still active (somewhat) :D
  15. Could it be THIS walled area? It was more or less abandoned so I jumped in and completed the wall and watered-up the river
  16. Thought I'd check in here to see what's up and see that this old place is five years old now. Damn.

Happy belated birthday to what is still my favourite EMC outpost :p
    zulu9, Sunny_Chicken and FadedMartian like this.
  17. Hi to all of you still checking this thread :p

Penfoldex and I have been devising a concept to try to bring people back to the LLO. Our proposal is to add a formal government to the LLO. The system we're proposing is designed to be as simple, and as effective, as possible.

The government would be composed of two different, but very much intertwined, institutions. The first is the executive. This will operate to execute the law as defined by the legislature, as well as run all of the government departments (whatever they may be). The executive will be lead by a President, elected by popular vote. The President can then appoint members of the legislature as ministers to oversee particular areas.

The second institution is the legislature. The role of the legislature is to propose, debate, and vote on laws. This is the peak representative body of the members of the LLO. The legislature will be composed of around 6-8 members, plus the President. Members will be elected by all members of the LLO. The President will operate meetings of the legislature, and in the case of a tie during a vote, will have a casting vote.

Elections will be held on a fixed schedule, and all elected positions will be up for election at the same time. The legislature can perform a vote of no confidence against the President. If that passes, an early election for all positions will be held.

Right now, we're going to be looking for feedback. If a general consensus exists, we'll move to write a constitution, which we will vote on to adopt or not. Whether you like this idea or not, I'd like to get some feedback on where it could be improved.

There is no reason that the LLO's history of freedom and direct democracy will be changed. But what we want to do here, is add a new element to the LLO that may appeal to newer members. I also think that it'll go very nicely with what the LLO has always stood for, and will allow us to do things faster, and better.
  18. Hey, was just wondering if i could join or even just a tour if thats ok?
  19. Yeah, you're more than welcome to join! I'll send you a PM with the details on how to get to LLO and everything.
  20. Hi. I was wondering if I could visit the outpost and maybe join?