smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I think even an LLO meeting could not decide to tear that structure down. I think the only EMC legal way would be to try to contact the builder (of course) and if not possible contact the staff with details (including how you tried to contact the builder). I assume if they conclude the user is gone for good it will be OK.

Also thanks for your approach on this issue and the nice update post :)
  2. I know this is off-topic, but I thought they stopped making the Painterly Pack back in 1.2 (Or am I wrong?)
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  3. Introducing…the Food Box! :D 2014-01-07_20.49.38.png
    Mooshroom for soup. Bowls in the chest. Carrots and potatoes in the dispenser. Crafting table and furnace for convenience. Paintings so the dirt isn't an eyesore. 2014-01-07_20.49.44.png
    Back 2014-01-07_20.51.13.png
    The crops are easily replenishable with this roof garden! 2014-01-07_20.51.22.png
    Very cheap materials. Customizable*. I think this could be a great upgrade for other mooshroom stations… ;)
    (I'll upgrade the mooshroom soup stations if you guys like this new design…)
    *By customizable, you can swap out the colors, the positioning of everything, use of chests or dispensers, fences can be replaced with iron bars, etc. This one being the Campbell Soup Basic design.
    Jakres, zulu9, shavingfoam and 4 others like this.
  4. I would like to present to you, the horseway concept.

The idea is that I create some tunnels/pathways for horses.

Provided the LLO supports my idea, the first horseway will start in Northern Edge and end in Yetti Town (The black line in the image represents the pathway used). After that, I'll probably extend it to the main LLO.

HorsewayConcept.PNG

I am aware that there is the rail lines (and we should keep them) already but some people (Like me) prefer to use horses. And finally, Please give me feedback for this idea.

P.S I may be back in-game by the weekend but can't guarantee it.
    Jakres, Luke4214, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  5. The PP site shows the last update, Oct. 25th, to be 1.7 ready. I've been using PP for a while now, although I have made my own customizations to some of the common textures, like my cobblestone is just the regular smooth stone texture, but I increased the contrast ('curves' in photoshop) and added the outline to make it look more like rough-hewn stone blocks; a more realistic analog. I did similar changes to the dirt, sand, sandstone, and removed much of the blue saturation from the water. I used to play around with the lightmap, too, but I don't know how to do that since MC went to resource packs.
    ;D
    Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  6. I'm just saying this to be fair, but we do have a derelict policy for the LLO. Could the building be relocated instead?
    Sunny_Chicken and Philovanrood like this.
  7. Such policies are void as far as I know with the introduction of the new wild rules.

I don't think this will be a big problem. We try to contact the builder and if not possible talk with the staff on how to proceed from there.
    As I understand in this case the build is unfinished and or heavily griefed so maybe the things phil suggested can even count as a repair / fix.

PS:
    "spreelanka was last seen: Nov 9, 2012" (on the forums, don't know ingame)
    Jakres likes this.
  8. In-game: Last seen 415 days ago.
    Jakres likes this.
  9. It's been over a year since he's logged on. Personally, I think it's OK. It would be a different story if the player was active, but this player is not. Just my two cents.
  10. I agree. I am sure phil and the staff can work it out without any problems.
  11. I like the idea of horseways. I can not comment on the suggested route as I have been out of game for too long but the general idea is great.

Maybe we can also "upgrade" some paths to horseways. The design could be somewhat like on the big bridges with the railway (in this case horseway) in the middle and a pedestrian pathway on each side.

(imagine the left and right side more like on the huge LLO bridges)

Another idea would be to have like a trail trough the wild like this. Those could be very easy to make and could look awesome if they go for example up a mountain.

Then again in the spirit of the LLO:

12. Amazing concept. Every home should have one!
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and penfoldex like this.
  13. Would trap doors also work there? I know they can be a pain but could look really great there if you want an alternative for paintings.
  14. Also phil's tower(s) was(were) there first so technically he tolerated the new structure in his backyard.
    So in this case it should really be obvious that is would be OK to remove the structure.
    I like how we deal with this case (in terms of caution an attention to details) and this could serve as an example for more complicated ones in the future.

I think we should ask those questions in that order:
    1) is player inactive and not responding to communications?
    2) did the other player had a structure really really close first?
    3) does the build seem unfinished and griefed for a while or is in the way of new contruction?
    (a yes to 1 is a must. 2 seems like a nice to have and 3 may provide some urgency but would not be a reason to ask for removal itself).

What do you think:
    Would those questions enable us to deal with such situations in compliance with the EMC rules without causing too much work just for the "bureaucracy" ?
  15. Be sure to talk to Jakres before you do anything on YettiTown's side.

Haha, I'm currently working on upgrading the current mooshroom stations to Food Boxes and possibly adding more around everywhere. If anyone wants to copy the design (and not make rupees off of it, of course), feel free! The customization feature of the design should be able to make them all unique.
    I suppose, but I personally like paintings :p

EDIT: Signs could work too, I guess. Along with item frames and whatever else sticks on a wall. Vines, whatever.
  16. I will.

P.S My gaming PC has been repaired so I can be in-game now!

Attached Files:

17. Also make sure you talk to Jimbo as well. As you plan to start it in Northern Edge.
  18. Sent the message to both of them. Waiting for response.
  19. Awesome! :)
    I really like the diplomacy and caution here.
    That said I still had to post this rant-like thing:

Just a reminder. esp. for potential newcomers to the LLO,
    This might seem like a lot of fuzz for a place that claims to be open for everyone. First of course we have to follow EMC rules but more importantly being that open we need a way to solve conflicts. Or even better avoid them. What we try here is trying to apply the EMC rules to the LLO idea* as much as possible. And so far I think we had a good run at doing that :)

You can also just make your base at a reasonable(tm) distance to the current settlements and declare it part of the LLO. In the past epic things have come out of connecting those parts.
    You do not even have to become a part of the LLO. Since we have to little rules there are all sorts of partnerships possible (JimboTown, Wintermoon etc are examples of different ways).

So basically you can try to settle in a populated area and get to know your neighbors because you will be talking to them a lot or you do your thing and then reach out to the rest and work out a connection.
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

*Not that LLO ideas and EMC rules conflict. 99% they do not. Problem is translating them to the day to day stuff at the LLO
    Jakres, Philovanrood, L0tad and 5 others like this.
  20. Good point. It seems like most of the building removal requests on this thread have been about the building being in the way of something they *want* to build (not so something they have already built) or about the building being griefed. This situation is different because of how close spreelanka built the structure to Philo's *existing* tower.

I agree that 1 is a must. The player (if known) should always be contacted out of politeness. I kind of of disagree with 2. I think the player who built the first building has the right to ask to remove the offending building. One of the "rules" of the LLO has always been not to build too close to other people's buildings. 3 is also a good reason to want to remove a building, provided the building owner agrees (1).
    zulu9, Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and 3 others like this.