smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. *1.8 New Update* Breaking news! Hitting animals on minecarts now breaks your cart and deals 25 hearts of damage!
  2. Talk about a fatality :p
    Jakres, Leopard_Knight, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  3. ...and all the more reason to enclose tracks. ;D
    Jakres, Leopard_Knight, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  4. I thought that mob AI was fixed to avoid rails in a prior update? I'll see if i can find the source when I get off work.
  5. It was meant to, but as with countless Minecraft updates, it didn't work.
  6. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mobs

As of snapshot 13w04a mobs will not walk on top of rails unless pushed on to the rails by another mob. This can be used to trap small amounts of mobs, to create a wall between the player and a mob, or to prevent mobs from interrupting minecarts as they went down rails.**
  7. Oh, nevermind then :D
  8. Should just state that that is in my experience, I have never come across a mob trying to avoid standing on rails.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  9. True, but I have noticed a lack of pigs on my railways lately. Although it says they can still be pushed onto tracks... darn herds :p

Also, in my SP world, I always elevate my tracks 1 block off the ground, and all mobs treat it as over 1 block high and won't jump up; they do jump in place though, silly creepers :D
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  10. Oh, and a few things I was wondering about; while I'm forum crawling :)
    1. May I be added to the member list on the site please? I like seeing my name on lists :p

2. If i come across a building in a state of disrepair, but it's a simple fix, (i.e. some planks missing from a wall) can I go ahead and fix it? or just try and find the owner/person upkeeping?

and 3. not necessarily a wonder but an idea i got: Traveling the LLO with a mooshroom on a lead, offering soup to everyone :p Imma do it, and more are welcome to join the herd :D
  11. Started construction of a new rail line starting from the Chicken Shores station. Doesn't go anywhere yet but when it's finished, it'll go to a new part of Chicken Shores.

2013-12-21_01.16.45.png

2013-12-21_01.16.55.png

2013-12-21_01.17.07.png
    Jakres, NINJATTILA, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  12. Quick update to the rail map. I accidentally left out two stations on The White Loop during the last update. >.<

map-finished19.jpg
  13. Added! :)

It's better to try and find the owner of the build, just be to safe. Thanks for your willingness to help clean up the LLO. :)

Lol! I'd love to see screenshots. ;)
  14. SOrry but please do not modify my rail without permission, can you PM me the plans?
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and mba2012 like this.
  15. Here is a screenshot of my new portable soup service :)
    2013-12-21_02.28.34.png
    so if you see this guy tied up somewhere, that's my mooshroom :)
    i'll name him something unique once i find/craft an anvil, so anyone passing by where I logged out will know. for now i just left a sign next to him.

also, while I was dealing with the creeper invasion a little ways from that spot in the screenie, I found this.. 2013-12-21_02.19.50.png
    poor betsy! I won't be getting a letter from the mooshroom upkeep guys if I replace her will I? being a mooshroom fanatic myself, this gal needs Iron golem protection next time :D

OH! and the waters are great for fishing this time of year, so come out if you get a chance :)
    zulu9, Jakres, BilboBaggins23 and 6 others like this.
  16. Hello LLO! This'll be my last post until my gaming PC is fixed (No ETA yet) and that my rail project is on hold. For now, if you'll excuse me, i must play Swords and Sandals II: Emperor's Reign (The only fun game that runs on my 10 yr old PC).
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  17. I will be sorting through the pages that need to be deleted, and adding new ones, that will transform the website into a more active place. I will most likely be starting tomorrow.
    Jakres likes this.
  18. What pages are you deleting…?
  19. Before you do anything. The LLO needs to discuss what needs to be deleted, what needs to be added etc. Don't just jump right on into it.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and 5 others like this.