smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. No Eclipsys, its not throwback day, its hump day
  2. And it's also my Bday, that overrules ''Hump day''. On this glorious day I can do these kinds of things :p
  3. dbb2df6694e0c6e02c8363500c0e71179ddfd9cdc8fea3911ad6ccfc1afe8410.jpg
  4. ALL HAIL THE BIRTHDAY BOY
  5. happy birthday!
  6. Which decent slime farm with a grinder and part of the graveyard if you know the hidden way there.

I have gave those two players and shavingfoam permission to add stations if needed and extend the line if shavingfoam thinks it should.
  7. How do people feel about having mooshrooms roam free? As with the new hunger going by, you can just find random mooshrooms everywhere! It can also help prevent mob levels from going too high.
  8. Good thing I "liked" that post for you earlier :p
  9. And I'm guessing add stations doesn't mean combine the obsidian and the brown line link together? As has now been done...
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  10. I'll take those likes as no complaints… :p
    *begins invasion*
  11. How about a mooshroom pen every 5 blocks? So that we don't have mooshrooms walking onto railways etc? :p
    zulu9, Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and 2 others like this.
  12. Seems a bit costly on materials…I'll figure something out.
  13. that would mean a lot of work.
    I think a mooshrom at every "point of interest" would be a good concept.
    this means every house, station should have one if possible. at multi-level building at best one per level.
    for railways maybe some additional ones if the track between stations is a long way.
    I know it is fuzzy but I think the question we should ask is:
    "where should I expect a mooshroom station?"
  14. Yeah, that would be good. Where would you expect one?

I'd certainly expect one at almost every railway station. Maybe we should setup signs pointing out where a mooshroom station is and the distance to it.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  15. I like the idea. Esp for places where there is room.
    I think they have to be fenced tho to prevent them from walking onto railways or in poeples homes.
    But having more freerange mooshrooms instead of putting them into the small "cages" would improve the look.
    Also we could manage the number to decrease hostile mobs.
    Also I would get less annoying complaints from the mooshroom PETA folks.*

*mail from mooshrom PETA might only exist in zulu9's head
  16. yeah at stations there should always be one nearby.
    I would like to have every house to have at least one. with big things like the towers maybe one on each level if possible.
    again this should not be a rule which should be enforced or anything.
    there won't be a mooshroom police that fines you if you do not have the required level of mooshrooms at your place ;)
    I just think as a recommendation every place should have at least one.

PS: I think "the mooshroom police" would be a great name for a punkrock band though
  17. The mushroom society expands its job… ;D
  18. Attention:
    The LLO website will be under construction for the next week.
    Other Editors:
    PLEASE don't make any changes until further notice. Thanks.
    Jakres likes this.
  19. Can you tell us what you're doing to the site? The LLO, as a community, like to discuss any changes made to things like that. Please don't jump right in and change things.
  20. On the mooshroom subject:
    I think that anywhere one would expect there to be food (restaurant, cafe, deli, etc...) there should be a 2x1 mooshroom enclosure. It doesn't need to be fancy, but should fit the surrounding structure or environment. An example would be the one I built for the Philo Tower mooshroom (and I encourage more 'restaurants' to open in the area). If someone builds a mall, a 'food court' with more than one would make sense for aesthetics, even though it's all just mushroom soup after all. ;D

I'm not as fond of the 'free roaming mooshroom' idea, as I agree that they could get in the way of minecarts and whatnot, but that could be just push a design change in how tracks are laid in. In the real world, high speed train tracks are usually fenced off or elevated to prevent wandering wildlife to become hamburger and cause a major accident. Fortunately in Minecraft, you just lose your forward momentum. ;D